Suppose to be a 2002 It has 600 hrs on it Been sitting for at least 8 yrs Hasn't been started in 4 yrs.
I went with my customer to check it out. It's a clean machine rails are like new. Very little wear on end bits Oil looked good. Radiator was full. Didn't see any leaks anywhere. I wanted to see if we could get it to bust off. But my customer said no. Cause if he could make a deal on it he wanted me to drain fuel tank and clean it first and drop all fluids and filters and put new oil and filters on before it started it.
Your customer wouldn't want to try it out first? Yeah it looks good but 600 hours seems unlikely. Should be a way to look in the fuel tank and see if there's any algae or other crud. If the oils look clean with no signs of water shouldn't hurt to run it a bit especially if it was under cover. If it is only 600 original hours, the oils should be fine. You'd probably want to warm it up and circulate it anyway. The oil won't go bad from sitting. Water and/or condensation is what to be concerned about.
The owner should hire someone to do that stuff first.
From what is told this machine was bought brand new for the owner to clean up a ranch he bought. He has be unable to run it the last 8 yrs because of his health. The grandson is supposed to sell it and some other equipment. I believe the hrs are true hrs. i did tell my customer for starting we could put on new fuel filters and run machine out of a clean can if he was concerned about algae being in the system. But he didn't go for it. Also told him I was gonna start it anyway before I drain engine and hydraulics. But that I would drain and clean fuel tank and flush lines before I started it. He's the man writing the checks so I just do what he wants
I'm going to say no on the 75K . Like to look around on machinery trader to get an idea what people are asking for similar equipment . http://www.machinerytrader.com/list.../dozers-crawler/manufacturer/deere/model/700h
I did i saw 40-50K but those were 6k plus hr machines. The low hrs on this machine is the reason for the $75K.
I'm thinking about telling my customer to tell them that if we can get it started to offer $60K
After the owner or someone representing them starts it and hogg's some dirt for about 3 hours to make sure it checks out . You may be on to a deal for someone ?
I would have to believe with fresh fuel in the lines and a charge on the batteries that machine will light up like it was running yesterday. I've seen machines start right up that were sitting longer than 5 years, and that was with the fuel that was in it.
Nothing on Machinery Trader under 6,000 hours for an H. 2005 J setup similar. 60k was the first number that popped in my head as well. http://www.machinerytrader.com/listings/construction-equipment/for-sale/11904605/2005-deere-700j-lt edit: forgot auction results http://www.machinerytrader.com/list...ns&Cond=All&SortOrder=26&scf=False&hrsTo=3000
I'd be a little concerned that critical seals may have dried out, especially in the hydraulic and drive systems. Equipment that sits can develop problems from doing nothing. As someone mentioned earlier, run it for a few hours and make sure everything works as expected.
Maybe tell us what model it is. Tired of guessing. My internet doesn't want to open your pictures. A good , detailed thread title helps everyone out....
It's a Deere 700H LT.
Talked with customer this morning. I got about 1000 questions from him. Told him I couldnt give really good answers until I started/ operated machine but at same time I felt the machine is a good machine and that we would have leaks to deal with eventually. They could be hoses, cylinders, crank seals etc. he also told me he's trying to get a bottom dollar idea from seller before he pays me to do anything to it. So that's why he didn't want me to start it.
Being from ND and not TX, I'm not familiar with the climate, but it has sat for 4 years, not 14. I find it hard to believe you're going to have oil leaking from the engine with only 600 hrs on it. Same goes for cylinders, hoses, everything else. Now if it had 6000 hrs, and everything was already worn out while it was sitting, that would be a different story altogether. Just my opinion, others may vary.
I agree with Shimmy, all it should need is a jump start but I hope he buys it so you can report back on how it goes!
Maybe the potential buyer is trying to get it cheaper by claiming it needs all the fluids changed? It should be like new with only 600 hours.
I have owned a very late 700H for several years, and it is a very fine machine. Much superior to the 650G that it replaced, and just the right size for many, many jobs. The equalizer bar setup is superior to the smaller rigid frame machines. So, to answer your questions on its value, I'll just give you some things to consider: 1- I've been offered $60000 for mine within the last couple of years or so, and it was a 5000 hour machine. Turned it down because I would just have to buy another one. 2- There is a serial number break at 910011 for the later model dash and instrument panel. 3- There is a serial number break at 920839 for some wiring harness and engine improvements. 4- In this size dozer, the LGP may be more desirable than the LT. Depends on your application. 5- That ripper has value to some buyers and to others it's just in the way. This is not a production sized machine. 6- It is very probable that those low hours are correct for the situation of an older owner and farm use only. If the mice didn't make a home in it, I wouldn't worry about it sitting in the shed. You'll blow a few hydraulic lines and the engine probably won't make B10 life because of possible rust in the cylinders and valves, but the other wear components have only 600 hours, right? Bottom line, IMO, is the market value of the dozer is less than the utilization value of the dozer if you can get it bought right. And that ain't $75000.
My customer didn’t buy this machine. Now is goin to auction. They don’t want to start it until it has been full serviced. Want me to come and release park brake so they can Winch it on trailer and have me service it at auction yard. So do I have to hydraulicly release the brake? Like using the cab jack?
Why wont they let you just start it? You're going to want to warm it up before changing oils anyway. It's going to an auction... it has 600 hours on it... Why winch it? Sounds weird to me. Anything I ever bought at an auction got all oils dumped anyway, no matter how clean it looked just so I knew it had the right stuff in all compartments.
I can't imagine either selling or buying this machine without running it for a couple of hours. There is so much to be learned to establish the true value.
Thanks mike brammel for the email. I think I’m gonna try to talk them into letting me start it to get it loaded.
I'd be more concerned about varmint damage to wiring than anything else, todays fuel seems to last longer than it did back in the 70's Fire it up
Nobody was around when I got there. Installed new batteries. Checked fluids. Pulled oil feed line off of turbo and put in a few shots of oil. Pull power wire off of injector pump and spun engine over a few times then waited a few minutes and done it again. Connected everything back up. Fired it up and pulled it out from under the shed.
plenty of dozers sit for extended periods , outside with no problem . The diesel should be good as well if the tank was full . What surprises me the owners did not give it a run and battery charge . Nest check and start the sucker , if the thing won't start and run it is not worth the dime . Let the others play their little games .
lol , your last post was not showing , you have not got the rust off the blade yet ????
The trailer that hauled it to the auction yard didn’t care about the rust on the blade.
He says it has cold a/c. I haven’t checked that out yet. Goin this week to do full service and check for all the little things.
"He says it has cold a/c I haven’t checked that out yet." Yeah ... When it's below freezing outside. Yesh... What some people will say to make a sale. Beware the Butterflies and Unicorns
I wasn’t born last night. I received at pm from a member here. I was letting him know that I hadn’t checked the a/c.
it goes for $53K or less.
Got full service done. Next week putting new a/c compressor drier expansion valve and condenser.
The actual hours when I did the a/c were 824 hrs.
Things sell at near new prices around here at auction.People just don't know when to stop bidding.I would like to see what that 700 and the 2 Para Warthogs go for.
Dozer went for $78,500
I went by there yesterday and looked at it but did not stay until it sold. Good looking dozer and I guess that was a decent price to get it for.
I guess that answers the original question. I would hazard a guess that the lack of all the latest electronics and DEF helped bring the price up.
Did you see the 14E? It didn’t sale. I think the high bid was 6500. P.O. was 8000.
Yes, but I really didn't look at it. Sometimes the larger graders are hard to get rid of. I happened to be in Kerrville and wanted to see the Dozer.
The guns went for $400 a piece.
People sometimes go crazy at auctions. And then again sometimes you can find some real bargains. Looks like they went a little nuts on buying guns.
That's a pretty sharp appraiser's pencil on the dozer.