Engine coolant filter and Murphy audible Switchgage alarms (only had idiot lights).
I can't imagine wanting to see what the motor is doing is overkill, it's my opinion that every machine SHOULD have at least a temp gauge instead of just a light, but it's amazing how many don't. Nice job on the install, that's one low hour machine
The more you know about what your engine is doing the happier you will be with the machine.Good job, looks like you used a chassis punch to make the gauge holes.On the oil gauge LH side is that audible kill switch how does it work? Thanks
Thanks. The OEM hour meter quit at 1,200 hrs., and I don't really know how many hours are on the machine. It's a late '80's early '90's vintage and I believe it has sat idle for quite awhile. But from it's general overall condition I'd say that isn't too far off. I use the new "service meter" for just that purpose.
Thank you. Nope, just used a 2" hole saw in the drill press. The piezo-electric alarm is a screamer, and yes, the audible kill works great, it resets itself automatically after oil pressure builds up, that's why I ordered it.
As much as I agree and watch my gauges, 99% people don't even know what they are for. They don't know what to do if temps start to climb, hell they don't even notice. Idiot light work because people notice the light come on all of a sudden.
I'm so ashamed! My coolant temp sensor hasn't worked since I've had the mini. I do tend to pay attention but would sure like to have the gauge working but $80.00 + for a $20.00 item just torques my temper. Nice work Lil'puss. Looks like you have plenty of room to work in too! J
$80.00 for a sending unit seems a bit steep, if that's what the actual problem is. I have found that a lot of so-called proprietary sensors and sending units have the same values as the inexpensive automotive units found in auto parts stores, and are directly interchangeable. Even so, unless you also have a separate alarm, $80.00 is cheap compared to the cost of an engine. Two things that favor an older machine for me: 1) Simplicity with room to spare. 2) The computer geeks haven't attacked them yet.
Yep, no continuity through the sender. The kicker is the 16mm thread and a little shoulder that squeezes the packing. Prolly a typical Yanmar item,but do you think I could get an answer to my 16mm question? Fu-get-a-bout-it man. Nobody knows anything but part #'s these days. A lot to be said about simplicity.Or as one of my best lead engineer's said..."well,they still dig holes with shovels don't they?" Jay