Got a 10 ton tag trailer , Better Built brand gvwr is 25500. I haul a Komatsu D39EXon it. The dozer weighs 19000 lbs. The trailer is eating tires , I keep them aired up and now seems to have bent a spring , axles are Dexter with 2.5 inch wide springs 30" long with 5 leafs. I would think with the truck bearing some of the weight that this trailer can't be overloaded. I know the tires are load range E next time going for F. I am an owner operator , don't go over rough stuff or do short turns etc. I wonder if I need to go on up to a 20 ton trailer to eliminate my issues.
My 6 ton trailer was eating tires and it ended up the lead axle was out of alignment. Took it to an alignment shop and they fixed it for 90 bucks or so.
Personally I'd opt for a bigger trailer, but as Jim Dandy wrote, something could be out of whack. I just put G rated tires on my trailer, probably over kill, but the price was right. I always figured these trailer ratings are good for flat out easy pulling, but once bumps and such are figured in things change. If loaded close to the rating then hit a solid bump, what happens?
It seems to handle bumps and rides well , just thinking the way things are made these days (cheap) . The structure seems fine as well. The tire wear is more on the rear axle were it sees more scrub . You can tell these tires are cheap when you make a slight turn they leave light marks. If money gets right I may opt to trade for a 15 ton.