Howdy all. After doing my best not to, i would up with a 2005 JCB 190T. Machine only has 750 hrs, and has been mostly sitting the last couple of years. I have run the machine for 5 or 6 hours, seems to have good power, everything works pretty well as far as I can tell. I do have a couple of issues that I need to troubleshoot, hope someone can help. The machine had a dead battery when I bought it, replaced battery and all was fine for a while. After running the machine for a while, it will not restart without jumping it, so I assume my alternator is shot. I will take that and get it tested today. The real odd thing is if i bog the machine down and stall it out, it will not restart unless I bleed the injectors. This has happened 5 or 6 times, (still getting used to the joystick controls, so I have bogged it down digging into a pile). If i just turn it off with the keyswitch, it will restart fine (have to jump it because of the battery, but will restart ok other than that). If I bog it down and try to restart without bleeding the injectors, it will crank over but will not start until I bleed the injectors. Any ideas on this? Thanks, Dave
try changing the fuel filters first
Forgot to mention, that is the first thing i did was change/clean the fuel filters. Thanks.
Have you checked the tightness of the alt belt, before taking the alt in to a shop, see if you can slip the fan, by hand, if so, belt is too loose, or glazed. As for the bogging down prob, I don't have a clue, if you have already checked the filters. My advice would be to get a shop manual for the motor. What motor does it have???
Alternator belt looks good and is tight. Machine has a 4 cylinder Perkins.
Any idea on what the model # of the motor is?
Best I can tell the Perkins is a 1104C-44.
Just a thought if your battery is low or the alternator not charging you have a electrical stop solenoid on the pump I guess I wonder if its sticking due to low voltage . When you bleed injectors do you get just fuel out or do you get air as well if you get air either you got air entering the fuel system somewhere pre pump flow but normally result in poor starting and lack of power or if you get just clean fuel out no air perhaps suspect injector or injectors or pump issue as it has been parked up try cleaning out all the fuel system and clean fuel and some injector cleaner for diesels if that don't work there used to be a excess fuel solenoid with a diaphragm in vacuum operated possible air getting in there? there on top of the pump not sure about yours unless you can post picture of injection pump.
OK, replaced the alternator today, and so far so good. Only got to run the machine for about an hour before the pouring rain started, but everything is working good so far.