Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Isuzu NPR 4HE1, broke or missing exhaust manifold bolt.

fastline ยท 2024-09-10 12:43

I know some of you guys know these trucks well. Truck has been running like a top but started to notice an odd squeal only when exhaust braking. realized though it 'sounded' like a belt, it was likely an exhaust leak. I think I spotted the issue but of course is the far front manifold bolt that is hidden behind the AC compressor bracket. I am just trying to get an idea what I am up against. Are these known to fall out? Break? If broke, how bad is extraction? I'd really like to avoid the concerns of getting the manifold off. I can see the gasket is still there and my hope is if I can get a bolt back in, it may work. Looking down, all I can see is the manifold ear. I don't see a bolt or nut.

Replies0

No replies yet.