Well i ordered a new 2007 Isuzu NPR HD with a 11' Service body. Should have the truck in two weeks so it can go in to get painted black and green. The body should be ready in 4 weeks painted black. I endeded up geting a 11' Knaphide open service body with the insidedof the bed and top of the box with Rhino lining and also there are going to be putting a 18" custom platform on the rear to mount a small crane.
G,day Nac, we are looking at the 4 wheel drive version for our Tools Truck...a bit like this one: Let us know how it goes.
Well??...have you got it yet??
Well not yet not all of it the chassis was delivered to my painter today to get painted and it is going out next week for the body.
Ok, just don't forget the pics...are you getting it written as well?. Did the factory body not suit or are they not available there?.
No such thing as a factory body for an Isuzu here in the states all the bodys are aftermarket.
Squizzy what is the roof rack over the cab on the Isuzu? Does it hold wheelbarrows or is it more for cab protection when using the crane? just curious
That vehicle is fully specced for the mines. The frame is ROPs.
Sneek Peek Here is a pic I took today at the paint shop.
Isuzu Service Truck Truck just came in will be picking it up on monday here are some pics.
I like it! Would you let us know the fuel milage and how you like it after you drive it a while? How much does it weigh including the box? Thanks for the pictures. T Red
Looking good..hope we can get some pics of the box setup.
Looks great and I bet it'll work great too. Please send more pics when you get it lettered and the crane mounted too. -Korey
Hey Nac, how is the Isuzu going?
So far very good. Will be lettering it this week and have a Hiab crane on order. Will try to set up the boxes today with all my tools and supplies. Will post some more pics soon
We just got the full blown quote from the dealer for a NPR 400 with AMT
Hi Nac, I was wondering how your utility truck was going. What model is that?..its looks like what we call an NPR 300 here.
It is a NPR HD 14,500 GVW 5.2 Diesel. It has been very good so far mounted a generator and air compressor on the sides and will be monting a Hiab 013 on the rear bumper in the spirng.
What HP is the 5.2 and is it enough?
T Red...The model numbers are a little different down here but the 5.2 engine is generally specced at 175 Hp. The truck I drove when test driving had plenty of power and was very smooth in midrange. The think to remember is the Japenese look to get the work down with good gearing for the job.
BTW, Great color scheme on your vehicles and equipment, Nac.
I was wondering if one would pull a trailer with my skid steer and maybe one attachment. The skid steer with tracks and bucket 11,500 lbs trailer 2800 lbs. forks 700 lbs. The total would be 15,000 lbs. to pull. That's a lot for only 175 hp.
Your spoiled High horse power is really a new thing. With the right gearing you can tow a mountain with a VW bug. torgue and gearing is what gets the job done.
I have to Agree wirth PSDF350, about horsepower. 175hp should be able to pull 15k alright, if it has low enough gearing, but it won't be able to do it at highway speeds(70mph)most likely. 55mph should be do-able. I drove a International semi with a 310hp Cat w/1150ftlbs torque and a 10 speed. Went all over the US, including the rockies @ 80,000lbs no problem. My IH dumptruck w/210hp DT466 grossed at 56k lbs did alright. It was slow accelerating, but it on the flats I could do highway speeds. I think we all get accustomed to a certain expectation for a level of performance, and when it's not met we feel like it's underpowered. That level just keeps rising as the equipment keeps improving.
I know 175 will move that much but I don't want to get on the highway at 35 mph. Yes I'm spoiled its hard to get out of my 325hp 6.0L pickup to get into my road tractor at only 290hp & 855cid. Not enough hp for that truck ether, but thats a different topic. You really can't compare IH and Cat diesels to an import. American diesels are made for longevity at their rated hp. Not to mention all that low end torque that gets you up to speed under load. You may move a mountain with a VW but not for long it just isn't designed to produce rated hp for a constant load. I should have stated the question as will the truck stand up to 150,000 miles of pulling a heavy load with out serious mechanical problems? I've got an isuzu box truck for tools, its an older one. I know its a good truck but I don't think mine would stand up to 15k lbs. Plus its only a 12,500 lb truck. I looked on the gvw rating label but it does not state the gross combination. Keep in mind the truck with tools will weight about 10-12k then add the trailer at 15k.
I belivethat the HP is 175 or 190. It could use a little bit more power, but for me it is great i do 75 on the Highway with my truck loeaded with my tools. The only thing I tow with is my Atlas Copco 290CFM compressor. I had a GMC 2500 HD 6.0 before this truck had loads of power but was not a true work truck bad suspension and I had some problems with injectors,water pump, and trans and it had only 70,000 miles. i know guys with Isuzu with 300,000 plus miles. If I have to tow something I have my single axle hooklift that only has a cat 230 HP and i have loaded my skidsteer in the body and my mini on a trailer no problem. Or know I have the Volvo with 465 HP
Ah yes, I have dreams of the Volvo hook lift. Wet dreams of Wawreckers T-800 hook lift.
Like the owner operators that are tractor trailers all say once you have gone with big power you never go back to a low powered truck. A tractor with C-15 or ISX power with 550-600hp which is common now. When your pulling a loaded Super B Train truck grossing 140,000lbs pulling a 10% highway grade the power is nice to have. The little cab over trucks are really ment for interurban pick and and delivery where your doing freight hauling in a city where your not doing interstate driving. Your top speed in a city is probably at most 50mph.
Do they?! I'm one of those people, I've never said that, and I've actually owned 500hp trucks.
You guys in the US are only grossing 80,000lbs these guys I know are pulling 103,000lbs as most vans and flats are tridems loaded to the nuts or they are pulling a set of trains. You also have to remember most highway grades are upto and greater than 10% then compound that with twists and turns the big power is nice.
Wrong again!! :beatsme Here's what you originally said. Again, this is just plain not true. Then you said this, but don't admit the fact that your previous statement was factually incorrect. Wrong again! This is also is not true. 1) More than 80k is often hauled in the US legally. It's up to the states what the weight limits are for their roads. Federal highways have the 80K limit. If you stay on State highways you may be able to haul more, depending on the state. Log hauler here haul in excess of 80k all the time, leagally, via running state roads. AND: 2)I've actually driven much of the highways in Canada in a semi. Most highways are not "upto and greater than 10%" or "twist and turns". There are some like those highways in Colorado and the Rocky Mountain states, but to say most is wildy inaccurate. Canada, BC included, is not on a different planet than the rest of us. What's "there" is also found in many other places, and we still have to deal with it. Furthermore: I, for one, don't like other people speaking for me or trying to represent me in my industry, especially by those who are not in it. When you say "All" that's exactly what you're doing. Don't do that anymore!!:nono You have no right to speak for all, or any really , Semi truck drivers. We can speak for ourselves just fine. How about this: From this point forward only speak for "yourself", and your "own" personal experiences!:thumbsup No more "we", "us", "they all", etc., regarding any profession that do not include you personally, and in those that do, you still should only use "I", and "My".
Oh, and FYI, BC is over 944k square km's. And 4.3million+ people. A pretty big area, AND alot of people. It's gotta be a full time job just knowing what they all think, have, and how they run their businesses.
roflmao:roll :roll
At work I meet many american truck drivers at work really nice people and they all have the same thing in common geez these roads are horrible. Most of them get out of their truck and have to calm down a little. Have you driven in B.C. Jeff ? Maybe B.C. should send you some truck drivers from B.C. they don't speak english some wear a piece of cloth on their heads. They will improve your guys image they sure have here in B.C. . They would put you out of business like they have with most honest trucking companies that run in B.C. . In B.C. we do have a minimum hp requirment for the gvw of the truck I don't know if its the same in the US but for B.C. a truck wieghing 63,500kgs can not have no less than 423 hp so roughly a 425 Cat. A truck that pulls a 53' tridem can't have any less than 313hp. A 15,000lb Isuzu Cab over can legally only have 45hp. A logging truck here can have a gvw of 125,822lbs and they don't carry short wood some of the logs illegally of course are 60 feet long. The steepest public road that is in the area I live has a 18% grade at the bottom and in the middle to the top is a 24% grade trucks are banned from it she stretches a good 1/2 mile. Here is a public highway in B.C. its called the Hill I never tried it but my mom has one of my relatives use to live in the Valley. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Image:BellaCoolaHill.jpg http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Image:The_Hill_Sign.jpg Here is more pictures see that dirt road thats part of the hill like I said its a public highway. It was built with bulldozers the road is barely wide enough for two semis to pass. www.bcrock.com/photos/photos.html?2000sep/the_hill_449.jpg www.bcrock.com/photos/photos.html?2000sep_digicam/the_hill2_449.jpg
Agian I am What do those any of those have to do with anything. Unless your work is logging or prospecting.
As for jobs how would you like it if your gov't allowed raw resources to be shipped over seas to have it processed and sold back to B.C. B.C.s economy used to run on the Forest industry there are so many people put out of work its unbeleiveable. The biggest problem was the states not allowing our timber suppliers to sell wood in the US. There are gravel mines where I live supply the US with gravel especially california there is billions of tons of gravel that come from here to make concrete to build houses. B.C. figure it can survive on tourism thats a frigging laugh and now with the new rules about crossing the boarder without a pass port that is going to prevent many US citizens from visiting. You should hear how many US tourist say is beautiful here you Canadians are very lucky. Many tourist from the deep south never seen trees and terrian like we have. Many of them said they would love to live here or in B.C. in general. One thing that B.C. produces allot of is fish farm fish you guys in the USA eat it by the tons. The biggest buyer of farmed fish is the US man O man you guys should try what real fish is supposed to taste like. Oysters are another thing you guys in the US can't get enough of one of the companies here used to grow millions of dollars worth of oysters for the US market. The prawns fished out of the waters here go to the US you guys probably pay 20 dollars a pound for them I get them fresh if I wanted for nothing. Laugh all you want I may have a crappy job but man I have a nice easy life I can go do all kinds of recreational stuff. Playing with boats gets expensive but its fun never did get into water skiing but love spending days out on the water. If I get hurt in the bush 4x4ing its not going to cost me thousands in medical bills. In the summer time there is lots of skin to look at around here nice good looking girls in skimmpy bikinis some you wouldn't even consider a bikini :thumbsup
Those links of the pictures is the road to a B.C. community its no a prospecting thats what some of B.C. roads are built on. That road was built years ago with couple bulldozers.
Most of that had nothing to do with my point. I'll address this: :nono Not unique. We have that in the US. They're my competion too. It's something called "free enterprise". I'm still in business. They were here when I started. They'll be here when I retire, I'm sure. Requires me to be a more efficient business, when I have competition. v Doesn't this stuff ever stop?? v How many times are you going to type this stuff? No-one cares!! We don't care about you "perception" of life in BC. It's flawed, absurd, and doesn't belong everywhere(over and over) in the forum. Here LT, I'm gonna say it again "BC, not so special!"
Who peed in your cheerios Jeff ? I thought you were a nice guy or you seemed to be I have no beefs or gripes against anybody here I like this site its a place for people that like getting dirty can be :yup Yes I get undecided because its tough to know what is going to be a good service to provide to the community I live in. The excavating business is so borderline profit the current contractors are on the verge of putting everything up onto the auction block and get out of it. I know the owners of these companies they are stressed all the time. They have mega payments to deal with and people that don't want to pay. The gov't rules and regulations with you can't do that you need permits for this. It is getting to the point you need a frigging permit to fart. The way things are going I might be better off opening a store that sells stuff for old people like depends,canes,walkers,wheel chairs etc. You guys are lucky the US is prolly more pro business and the gov't isn't digging into your pocket for every frigging penny you earn. I see your guys companies moving forward buying new equipment and prospering. As for the east indian drivers in B.C. they undercut the rate so low they are working for expenses. Its hurting B.C.s trucking industry one of the companies they underbid had the same hauling contract for 25 years. They underbid the contract 500,000 they got the contract guess what they couldn't fullfill the needs. Same with dump trucks they will haul for 65 dollars per hour where the regular rate is 80 dollars to make a profit.
Jeff, like any other reasonable person has limits and I think they have been reached as have the limits of others. Here, try this !!! I'm sure they would love to here about the "downfall" of B.C. Canada.
ROFL That a good place for crap I hope Nac doesn't have a heart attack when he sees his thread I just have to work out how to shoehorn his 5.3 Turbo in place of my 4.3 NA
I think this is the biggest Hi-jacking ever. :yup I don't think even you can top this. :spaz The bottom of this thread just needs to be cut off cause its ruining the top. :nono If there's a will, there's a.......Squizzy :beatsme
Wow, what the hell have I been missing!! This thread is great. My 2 cents if anybody cares. Jeff is a nice guy Ford. Just like every one on here is. Ford it is not necessarily what you post that seams to be pissing every one on here but how you say it. I have followed most of your posts and to be honest I appreciate your advice on my Mack truck when I was looking for a truck. You took the time to give me the most advice than anyone and that did help me in the decision on what truck to buy. AlL that is great but when you post advise do not do these things. Be a pessimist about everything Be negative about everything No gloom and doom Be condescending Be the ultimate expert on every thing. Be critical of some ones ideas Speak in terms on generalizations Speak for people that you do not know Keep it light and friendly or no one is going to want to here what you have to say no matter what you have to say. What about some truck, I forgot.
As for NAC I didn't mean to ruin the post :yup I'am impressed with NAC's operation he has all the right tools he has found a niche market espcially with that drill he has on the Deere mini. The same conditions we have to deal with here when you dig a basement and there is a huge chunk of solid rock in the center or a big chunk of ledge.
There is no need to turn this or any other thread in to an international incident! We have members here from a number of different countries, each with their own attractions and detractions. There is no need to hash that out on this Board, we are here to discuss heavy equipment and in this case, Nac's service truck.