Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

ISX oil leak

Old Doug ยท 2024-04-14 09:12

Its in a 2017 Pete. I think its leaks some oil out at start up every time. Six days a week it is gone early before i get to work so i dont know for sure i may go over today Sunday and start it. It looks like its coming from the front of the oil pan ? front seal? or bottom of front cover? I have never saw it even drip when its running or after it comes back in the after noon and there is very little oil sprayed back on anything. Even after is shut off for a couple hours it dosent drip at start up But every morning i get there and its gone there will be a oil spot. I could get up tomorrow at 3:00 and start it when the driver gets there but i would rather not but i may have to .

Replies2
  1. #1mekanik2024-04-14 09:47

    The gasket between the block and front cover is steel with a Viton? rubber like sealing bead bonded to the areas that seal. If I remember correctly there is a passage in the front cover that connects the oil drillings on both sides of the block. The seal deteriorates over time and leaks when cold but seems to seal when hot. I recently replaced a very similiar gasket between the block and flywheel housing on an ISX that was leaking quite bad when started cold then hardly leaked a drop for the rest of the day.

  2. #2Old Doug2024-04-14 09:50

    I dont know what the gasket on the front cover is made of i will look at it closer.