I have purchased a Cat 951C, However, it was built in Japan. I have been unsuccessful trying to locate a service or parts manual for this machine. Can anyone help me with this? Any suggestions or American built "like style" machine parts or service manuals availability? Ser# 19H2591 Eng.S/N 43V16066 its a 3304 PC Most I was able to find out, is its a 1979 built in Japan
This is a direct drive machine? The Cat equivalent serial index book shows no equivalent serial for the 19H, it appears to be the only direct drive 951 series left in production, the others having ended in the late 60's early 70's.
There are digits not appearing on the machine and engine arrangement on your photo. I see "3Y6...." and "7N3...." Can you supply the missing numbers.?
Is the complete engine arrangement number that starts with "7N3" 7N3591 by any chance.?
7N3589 This I know, I will have to get the array number when I get home.
Not sure what you mean by "direct drive". I am green when it comes to owning operating these loaders.
So 7N3589 & 7N3591 (from a 32F-prefix French-built 951C tractor and 43V-prefix PC type engine) are very similar. They are the same basic 3304PC engine but with the following differences:- 1. Flywheel housing and flywheel. 2. Front gear group, cover, and crankshaft pulley. 3. Fuel injection pump & governor. Fuel injectors. 4. Oil cooler, oil lines, & filter. 5. Engine supports. Does it drive via a torque converter or a manually-operated clutch. I have been looking everywhere but can find no information regarding manuals for the 19H-prefix 951C.
According to THIS the 19H machine was equipped with a direct drive transmission and pedal steer. 19H2644 was the last machine built so your machine is very close to end of 19H production. It might pay you to register on the ACMOC site and ask on their forum if anyone has a lead on manuls for your tractor because it appears to be a very rare bird indeed.
Have you spoken to your local Cat dealer.? If all else fails they should at least be able to supply the Cat Publication references of the various operation/parts/service manuals.
Thank you, I haven't found anything on this machine either.
It has a clutch lever that I engage and disengage with.
Yes sir I have, I have contacted Fabick and Riggs Cat of Jonesboro Arkansas. Neither were able to supply me any information. Just that it was Japan built and a 1979 era. I tried contacting the corporate office in Peoria, but they are still searching Im assuming. I hadn't heard back from them.
I have registered with them, and posed the same post. I have no replies on that thread yet.
Definitely pedal steer, has a fwd and rev shift lever on the right hand side and a clutch lever on the lefthand side of operator, throttle control on left and bucket controls on right of operator. gearshift in the center floor.
I wish you luck I worked for a Cat dealer for 45 years and never saw a direct drive 951 or any parts books for one
The only thing I can think of is whether a Parts Manual for a 72J or 78J-prefix 951B machine might be as close as you will ever get. It would not work for the engine because the 951B had a D330 engine compared to your 3304PC. However this shouldn’t matter too much because you have the engine Serial Number and Arrangement Number for ordering parts. A 951B manual is the only one I can think of that will contain information regarding the direct drive transmission and clutch, plus the rest of the drive train and finals should they be different to the 951 machines equipped with a powershift transmission. The Parts Manual for a 72J machine is Cat Publication reference UMX00130 and it is available. I can't find one for 78J.
3Y6391 and 7N3589
The breakdown of 7N3589 is posted above. 3Y6391 I cannot find anywhere. Sorry.
Here are the pics of the clutch lever, pedals and on the right hand is the fwd and rev. lever by the bucket controls
I really appreciate everyone helping with this, Its a good machine, but with the Serial number, makes it real hard to order any parts when needed off of the cat website. I don't understand why there isn't any info available for this machine. Doesn't make any sense.
This is the engine tag. Not sure if it tells you anything you didn't already know.
If you could find a dealer that still had the old microfiche that might be a help
The reason is that, like a few other models over the years, it was built in Japan purely for the local market. It was never designed to be sold outside Japan and therefore all the original documents (paper ones back in those days) were only ever printed in Japanese. It is what is known as a "grey market" model. That's why detailed parts information does not appear in the Cat online system. I can see that the 19H-prefix 951C machine exists but cannot get any detailed information. "Unable to retrieve product configurations" is the key thing here.......
The only other reference I could find to 19H series.
Thank you Rusted, at least it confirms that it is a 1979 era.
By the Serial Number it is almost (but not quite) a 1980. Probably Nov/Dec 1979. As you can see at that point the factory was only building about three machines every month.
Hour meter is working and shows 3982 hours. Although I'm not sure how accurate it is. But best I was told that it sat on a farm in Missouri for the past 15 years, rarely used off and on. Sat long enough for the diesel to get old, and now im in process of cleaning tank and filters. Sprockets are pretty wore, I will be replacing them at some point in the near future, Hence a lot of reason I am seeking all the info I can for it or one like it. Kudos to you and this site, You all have provided me more info than Caterpillar themselves! I sure thank everyones contributions!! If you come up with anything else, please let me know!!
Probably not much bearing in mind the machine is over 50 years old. @Rusted - what other 951C Serial Number prefixes were in production at the time this machine was built.? I would imagine the US-built 86J would be one, but what were the actual Serial Numbers built at the end of 1979.?
Somehow I manged to acquire the 951C 19Hxxxx Parts Book. don't know why and it's in English too.
If I could like the above post more than once I would........!! It is not available online. Must never have gone past the print stage.
I would be very interested in this book!! If you are willing to part with it!
The label on the front cover also gives details of the required Parts Manual UMX04002 for the 3304 engine fitted to machines like yours with S/N above 19H1969.
As best I can tell from the sometimes correct book I have: 32F (JP) '68-'81 69H (FR) '68-'81 86J (US) '68-81 All ps trans, built as B & C models.
According to your book what specific start/end Serial Numbers of 32F prefix were produced in the years 1979 and 1980. I imagine so but can you tell if they were badged as 951C models.?
32F became C series at serial 00902 co incident with Transition from D330c to 3304 and h.p.increase to 85h.p. (not sure that h.p. is correct as nephew had a late series 32F and I thought the h.p. was a little higher). '79 production range: 01634-01699 '80 01700-01763.
Thank you. So if the production rate was about 5 machines a month it looks as though a 32F-prefix 951C with a Serial Number somewhere in the range of 1690-1699 would have come off the Japanese production line at around the same time as the OP's 19H2591. That leads me to believe that everything on that 32F machine, apart from the direct drive transmission and its attachments and a few slight differences in the engine, would be the same as the OP's 19H machine. Certainly the undercarriage ought to be.
Rick001 is now the new owner of the 19Hxxxx Parts Manual. Think it's found a good home.
Now if anyone comes up with the UXM04002 engine manual. Please keep me in mind!!!
Old Magnet is a hero! Thank you very much!!
You two may want to chat. HeavyEquipmentForums
Now that you have the Cat Publication reference for the manual try asking your local dealer to contact Cat and see if they can find one. You have nothing to lose at this point.
I definitely will try this! Thank you!
Never seen a 951B Direct Drive or even a whisper about 1, I would think the best way forward is a D4E Series Direct Drive book to cover the big lumps as the parts would be similar, for the hydraulic's and loader frame parts a 951C powershift book.
I found that the closest thing to the 7N3589 engine arrangement of the 19H machine is a 7N3591 from a French-built 32F-prefix powershift 951C is the closest to the OP's engine. They are the same basic 3304PC engine but with the following differences:- 1. Flywheel housing and flywheel. 2. Front gear group, cover, and crankshaft pulley. 3. Fuel injection pump & governor. Fuel injectors. 4. Oil cooler, oil lines, & filter. 5. Engine supports. The engine in the 19H machine, along with the rest of the machine, seems to be a bit of an odd duck...........