I just installed new umbrella seals and I am having problems getting fuel to the injector lines. I am thinking the solenoid valve on the pump is not working. I powered it up from the battery and do not have fuel at the banjo bolts. I do not hear a click when I put 12 volts to it. can I remove the top off the pump to look at the valve? I have primed the system put air in the tank removed the return check valve and I do not have fuel coming out of pump. thanks in advance for any assistance that someone could give me.
Welcome to HEF bikeit02 ! If you are not hearing a click, maybe the solenoid is defective. When you put 12 volts to it, did you also try a jumper on the ground side to make sure it had a good ground? Was it running before the repair? Or has it sat a long time since running? If it sat a while, then the metering valve might be stuck. Yes, the top can be removed. Pay close attention to where the solenoid engages the linkage so you can put it back correctly. While off, then the solenoid can be checked again.
The pump was rebuilt three year ago and installed and ran fine. The umbrella seal was folded over filled the crank case with diesel fuel so it sat for three years. I now have time to get it running so I changed the oil and the seals and in the process of starting. when I put the wire on the solenoid it sparks like you would think it should. I just remember hearing the click when you would turn the key in the past. I did not put a jumper wire on the ground side that is some thing I will try. How would I fix a stuck metering valve? Thank you for the assistance. Dale.
I usually just rotate it back and forth to free it up. Just make sure the pump case has fresh clean fuel in it.
I removed the top of the pump and found that the linkage was slightly stuck and The solenoid was not moving. I removed the solenoid and powered it up, it would not close until I closed it about an 1/8 of an inch. I reinstalled it and it worked two times and stopped working. Do i need a new one?
If you have 12 volts at the solenoid when you key on and it does not move, then I would say yes, you need a new one. The part number should be RE62240. $217 from Deere. You might to reach out to the @thepumpguysc to see what he will sell one for.
I tweaked it closed an 1/8th inch and it is working and I have fuel to the injectors. The engine has been turning over slow and now the starter stopped working. I removed the starter and its going into the repair shop today.
I bought a new gear reduction starter and found out that it sets to high so you can not install the fuel pump. I had the starter rebuilt. the loader runs and operates.
The loader is hard to get started, could it be that the valves need adjusted?
Could be several things and/or a combination of things. Need more details of when the starting problem started and what you've tried to get it started easier.
when I started it I had the air intake lower dust cup removed. when installing the dust cup I could feel the dust cup being sucked in and being pushed out. this is why I was thinking the valves need adjusting The engine sounded good after it started using starting ether. The forum input would be much appreciated. Dale.
What shape is the air filter in? Sounds like it could be plugged and the engine is struggling to get enough air.
the air filter looked clean.
Try it with the air filter removed but make sure it's clean around the intake.