Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

JCB 1400B Trans. Oil Pressure Light On

jump back jack ยท 2019-07-07 20:36

I have an '89' JCB 1400B that I've had for several years. Went to move some stuff and noticed that the trans. oil pressure light was faintly on. It lit completely when I accelerated. This is the first time I've had this happen. I drained all the oil and cleaned the screen and there was nothing in either the screen or oil. I changed the filter with a NAPA filter last year and I haven't put over 5hrs. on the machine since. Is there an oil pressure regulator or valve that needs to be replaced and if so, where is it located or am I looking at having to replace a pump? Any help would be much appreciated.

Replies2
  1. #1jcb jeff2019-07-23 03:42

    i would check pressure switch and wiring ontop of the gearbox first along with a pressure gauge to check pressure 9.5 to 12 bar

  2. #2jump back jack2019-07-23 11:39

    Pressure switch was removed and a gauge replaced it. Didn't notice it because it's mounted on the dash beneath the shuttle shift lever. It reads about 145psi so that's 10 bars. The light went out. I love a tractor that can fix itself. And I thought BMW motorcycles were great! Thanks Jeff! I asked at least 5 different forum websites and JCB what the trans pressure was supposed to be and you were the only one to respond.