Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Jcb 210s park brake weak

Old iron · 2022-11-06 09:42

Hi guys. I just purchased a jcb 210s backhoe a few months ago with out any manuals and I am having a hell of a time figuring out what year it is(vin attached) i think it’s a 1997. I have downloaded a few manuals but I can’t seem to find the correct one. Any way my park brake is weak and getting dangerous and I can’t find any info on the switch powered park brake in my machine, everything explains a hand brake. Any advice would be a great help. Thanks

Replies4
  1. #1hookedondiesel2022-11-07 12:23

    Your Park brake is activated by a switch. It's ( your brake assembly) is located in the transmission. Look's like the year is about right. Sold my 210S, I could park on a hill with the ebrake on, not sure if their adjustable, my tranny was rebuilt when I got it so the ebrake was also done. Could be a 1994 machine, would need to see a picture of it.

  2. #2Old iron2022-11-08 18:57

    Ya that’s what I am thinking trans will need to get dropped. I was hoping there was an easier way.I definitely can’t park mine on much of a slope with out dropping the bucket.posted a few pics Thanks.

  3. #3hookedondiesel2022-11-09 06:58

    Look's like a 1997. have you checked out here... https://www.reliable-store.com/prod...hop-service-repair-manual?variant=33049715075

  4. #4Old iron2022-11-09 08:05

    I tried that one and another online manual that they assured me was for my machine but they are for a newer machine than mine with the hand brake and dual brake pedals. I will keep looking. Thanks for the replies