I have a JCB 212 Year 1999 I think. The brakes do not work right. When cold, not at all, when warmed up will work a little. (could fluid be contaminated) This has the 2 accumulators or balls on it. On front axel. How do you test them? Do the brakes work off the hydraulic pump? To my knowledge it does not have a master cyl . What about the fluid inside the hubs. Is this a wet brake system? Any help appreciated and if you have a section of the JCB manual, could you e mail it to me. Any one with any experience on them, let me know.
Does the pedal go to the floor? Or is it just real hard? Usually the jcb just have a regular vacuum booster and master cylinder. And brake discs are inside the axle. Oil immersed. And I believe a vacuum line from booster runs to a vacuum pump on engine. That's how I've seen older jcb brakes.
I think the JCB 212 are different. This one has the "nitrogen" filled balls or canisters. I am wondering how you check them.
What's the serial number of your machine?
I will get it when I go back to ship
Serial #0761065
Trying to make contact with others who have a JCB 212 and are knowledgeable about the brakes or have had problems with it. If you know any other threads about this problem or any one that might help me. Let me know. Tried to do a search on here and I must not be typing the information in correct because I can't find any posts about it.
Complete serial # SLP212ASVEO761065
Ok John, I'm trying to save certain pages of a pdf I have with regards to your brakes. The whole pdf file is to big for me to send, so I'll get back to you when I have this. Second, you can drop the first number on your serial number. making it 761065 Check out this link to see how these accumulators work. Also do a search on google with this..."jcb 212 accumulator brake problems" and search images, you can also find a service manual for your machine.