Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

JCB 214 Sitemaster

JimmyG12 · 2024-12-20 02:10

Looking for some info to point me in the right direction towards getting service manuals and owner manuals on this JCB I inherited. Also looking to find out the year. Looking to give it some much TLC after years of regular maintenance neglect. I have a picture of the serial number tag but that’s all I have for info to go off of and everything that I’ve seen tells me pretty much nothing for this machine. Any helps appreciated!

Replies9
  1. #1Vetech632024-12-20 07:51

    If you're going to fix that up, I hope you own a bank.

  2. #2HarleyHappy2024-12-20 07:59

    Welcome. Don’t really know much about JCB’s other than I ran that machines brother or cousin, brand new in the 90’s and it was beautiful. Your new acquisition looks to be in great shape, with a nifty 4in1 bucket and 4 WD. I hope that exhaust has a 90 degree bend that I can’t see. There is quite a bit of information on here regarding those machines and other than dealer/parts availability, they are hard running machines and feel free to look around for a differential lock, cross tread points awarded at the end of the year. Disregard humor if you happen to be a non humorous individual. Lol

  3. #3HarleyHappy2024-12-20 08:01

    Come on V, it looks to be in really great shape. You are an example of a humorous individual but I think you’re slipping. At least his directions aren’t in Spanglish.

  4. #4Vetech632024-12-20 08:11

    I am slipping . I blame TS lol

  5. #5HarleyHappy2024-12-20 09:17

    Blame the broken Haas.

  6. #6JL Sargent2024-12-20 09:24

    I'll have to say that backhoe's current position in life is a bit concerning. But, you never know. Does it run?

  7. #7JimmyG122024-12-20 09:34

    As a Haas mill operator, they are like 95% of the stress in my day to day life so I feel that lol.

  8. #8JimmyG122024-12-20 09:36

    That’s not its current position but a few months ago when I found some soft spots where I didn’t except them to be lol. It runs beautifully for a machine that gets used and abused with minimal maintenance the last 15 years.

  9. #9HarleyHappy2024-12-20 11:32

    Ahh, that ain’t even close to stuck, that’s the redneck parking brake. lol