I have a JCB 215S 1995, and the fuel bleeder is leaking (just like when bleeding) when the motor is running. It does not leak when not running. Does anyone have an idea how this can be resolved? Is the only option to replace the bleeder? By the way, the bleeder is not easily accessible. Thank you all for your help.
On the injection pump? the filter assembly?, on the injectors??? If the leak is on the inj. pump.. #'s off the nameplate will be required.. I cant remember a "bleeder screw" on that type of pump.. {DP200** It has a "latch valve" on 1 side and a "light-load advance" adjuster on the other.. More info is needed.
Hi, Here is the diagram of the fuel bleeding mechanism as per the service manual (see attached file). From what I understand, it is before the fuel injector, but I might be mistaking. I am not a expert, but a basic mechanic trying to fix a leakage. Thanks
Can you see the leakage? Those directions don't mention any "bleeders" so I'll trust Thepumpguy and assume there aren't any. It's common for shaft seals, or gaskets to start leaking. If it's been messed with sealing washers start to leak too.
that pic is showing a mechanical LIFT PUMP.. is the leak coming from the top of it?? the little screw with the fiber washer under it?? OR under it where the lever is.. theres a "telltale" hole there.. it lets you know if/when the diaphragm is broken..
I can indirectly see that it is leaking, because I see fuel spitting out from behind (it seem to be coming from the connection behind), either when the motor is running, or when I manually pump the lever. If this component is suppose to be able to remove air from the fuel line, then it has to have a outlet to let the air out. What I am not sure (since I cannot to see exactly where the leakage is) is whether is it the diaphragm that is leaking or the connection that is leaking. Has anyone see this problem before? Could it be the component that is not functioning properly and needs to be replaced? PS. It is not easy to reach the component as it is surrounded by the starter at the bottom, the intake at the top the tractor frame one the front left. Thanks
You probably didn't see Pumpguy's question because you were typing. Is it the lift pump or injection pump that is leaking? That picture shows the lift pump with 2 fuel lines, the injection pump is bigger with lines going to each injector plus a couple. If it's the injection pump, then Pumpguy needs the model numbers off the plate. Or I need a picture of what is leaking... The air is bled back to the fuel tank when you pump the lift pump, there is no automatic bleed device to malfunction.
The leak is coming from the mechanical lift pump. It seams to be coming from behind the pump, so I will assume that it is the fuel line in the back that is leaking (very hard to see, I will try to sneak a mirror behind it to properly see and try it). Tonight I will try to see if the fuel line connection in the back is loose by trying to tightening it.
I did a verification, and at both test (manual activation of the lift pump and while the motor is running ), the leakage is coming from the bleed hole at the bottom of the lift pump. What does it mean and how can it be fixed? Does it mean that the lift pump needs to be replaced? Or can just the diaphragm be replaced? Thanks in advance for your expert opinion. Backhoe info: PIN - 0435132 Engine SN - 696577.A
The lift pump needs to be replaced, or the diaphragm can be replaced IF you can find one and it's not a crimped together design.
Delmer nailed it.. replace the lift pump.. BE SURE and see IF it has any rubber grommets inside the lift pump,.... been caught on that one myself before..
Thank you all for the information. I will proceed with the replacement.