I am new to the JCB world and I'm not familiar with the service codes I'm hoping someone out there can give me Some sound advice The service light came on today on my 2014 JCB 3CX Backhoe And it reads contact JCB dealer P040000Can anyone tell me what this means please thank you in advance
Here is a post from a few years ago that didn’t get any answers. HeavyEquipmentForums This post said it’s related to EGR.
Thank you very much for your quick Response
If you go to the post in the link below, you’ll see a user with the name “JCB Jeff”. HeavyEquipmentForums He is one of the most knowledgeable people on the site when it comes to JCB equipment. You could send him a message. He may be able to give you more information.
Excellent I Will try to get in touch with him I really appreciate your help thanks again
I am a field engineer for an auto manufacturer. P040000 looks like an OBD II code. If it is the code is P0400 and the other 2 zeroes are more detail about the actual reason for the fault. P0 codes are generic codes related to an issue. Not manufacturer specific. The 4 means it is an emissions issue. The code means there is not EGR flow detected when there should be EGR operation. Not sure how the EGR valve is activated. It might just be full off carbon. Remove the valve and see if the port is clear.
P0400-00 is a exhaust gas re circulation a flow fault. I would guess its blocked or the little tube is restricted if you pull it off and clean it out or it may be case of new unit.
Here some more
Thank you sir this is very helpful to me I'm very grateful thanks again
Thank you sir for your help I'm very grateful I really needed this information thanks again
You try clearing the code in case it was just a fluke? I believe you hold down the info button for 10 or 20 seconds to get in the secondary menu.
Thank you for the great advice I really appreciate all you guys out there that are willing to help a poor country boy