Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

JCB Backhoe Loader

Phil P · 2024-11-30 11:49

Hello All Have a fellow that has acquired a JCB Backhoe Loader Model 3CX. This unit has apparently been rolled over on the passenger side. They have requested me to see if I can get enough information to do the repairs. Any information about these unit would be grate. Phil P

Replies9
  1. #1Vetech632024-11-30 13:04

    Parts will be a nightmare to get. I bet all of them will have to come from England on the slow boat.

  2. #2Tinkerer2024-11-30 20:15

    Replacing the ROPS will cost more than it's worth. Sorry looking testament to the strength of it.

  3. #3Welder Dave2024-12-01 03:18

    Looks like a pretty hard rollover.

  4. #4Phil P2024-12-01 09:18

    Hi Thank all of you for your input. By the serial number this unit is not very old. The only information I have is from the present owner who told me it is only a year old and purchased it at a very low price at auction. He has started repairs but has reached the limits of his employees. He paid me well to come and look at it and I have not committed to do anything with it. I find 3 dealers listed in Florida and will further research id latter this week. Thanks Phil P

  5. #5Tinkerer2024-12-01 12:23

    I would think the person that replaces or repairs a ROPS has a liability for a long time. Just my opinion not necessarily a fact.

  6. #6Welder Dave2024-12-01 20:48

    A good factory ROPS off a used parts machine would be best. It costs a lot of money to have a ROPS certified. I've seen ROPS on older machines with a tag that says this ROPS is designed for rollover protection but is not tested. I don't think that would fly with a more modern machine where a certified ROPS was mandatory from the factory or in order to sell the machine.

  7. #7Phil P2024-12-02 09:08

    Here’s deal. I go on the owners payroll as an employee. That way I come under his insurance. I am not a welder so will not be repairing the ROPS. Phil P

  8. #8Willis Hodgkinson2024-12-26 17:44

    if you can get someone to ship the parts to you there are plenty available in the UK. I have found a cab for £1500 at www.butterfieldplant.com they could possibly help you with the age of the machine. Have you got the front bucket, they have lots of those. Good luck

  9. #9Phil P2024-12-27 16:20

    Thank you all for your input. It is about what I expected. Fortunately I haven’t heard from the owner and I am not really interested in fooling with this machine. Phil P