I have a 09 JCB 4CX-14 that I was running and it just died out of nowhere. Does anyone know where to buy good repair manuals. Online has tons of places that sell them and Ive seen them from $400 to $20. The machine is in mint condition with only 700 hours so I am hoping it is something minor that I can handle as a service truck is 190/hr. I am open to suggestions to check also. I am not sure where to start looking, was hoping a fuse or selinoid or even lift pump. I am not sure if the pump is mechanical or electric. Thanks.
Does the fuel pump have an electronic shutoff? Make sure it is getting at least 11.5V. I have an anecdote to share with you from this weekend. I jumped on my 310SE and cranked it up to go lift a tree off the fence. The machine fired up and then went dead. Wouldn't restart. It's never done that before. Loader was down, side shields on...I'm thinking what do I even check? There was just enough room to get the shield off. Grabbed my multi-meter and checked the voltage at the shutoff solenoid on the pump. It was hovering between 10.9 and 11.1 volts. I took my alligator clamp leads and jumped across the starter to the pump solenoid. It audibly clicked. Turned the key and it fired right up. Looked on the schematics and found the voltage for the pump goes through the battery to ignition lead on the switch. Took the switch out and it wasn't making good contact between the two. Cleaned up with WD-40 and brake cleaner and it works like a champ now. It could still be a lot of other things, but that's the first thing I'd check. Maybe you get as lucky as I did.
I will check it, thanks boone.
a picture of the fuel injection pump or system will help.
I don't know anything about a JCB but my limited experience with diesel is when it ups and shuts off it's not getting fuel. Keep it simple. Check fuses. Check fuel sediment bowl. Check fuel supply in and out of the filter. Check fuel shut off solenoid.
Cousin Karl seys it may be out of gas uhua. Bob
I would hope so.