On my new to me 1987 JCB 1400B the cluster does not seem to work. The only thing that seems to happen is that the power gauge jumps about a 1/4" when the key is turned forward. I have gone thru all the fuses and popped the cluster out to look at connections on the back. It appears to look ok with the exception of some rust on the board. There is no way i am going to spend the money for a new board. I would think at the least I need to get a temp gauge working. Any suggestions on how to achieve this? Perhaps an inexpensive add on type? Anything else that would be important to have functioning? This machine is just for my use at home, building and addition, garage and installing a septic..
Same problem for me! I have installed an extra temperature gauge which is easy to fit. Be careful of the throttle, because we used to work around 1500 rpm but after the dash stopped to work the throttle is always full which means 2200 - 2500 rpm!
I have been told that grounding is an on-going issue with the JCB's. When I turn on the heater fan my instrument values change. There is a definite problem with my 215 as the previous owners chased an non-existent over heating problem. I am going through the manual to see if I can locate the instrument ground.
An oil pressure gauge would be handy to have working.
My jcb 260 has gauge...does not move while running. Is it just for temperature? Service dept says there isn't an oil pressure gauge on jcb 260...
Bottom left looks like engine temperature Bottom right looks like hydraulic temperature
Wow ! A six year old thread and Dan603 didn't have the courtesy to let us know if he ever found the problem. My pet peeve on a forum. I know he didn't die because the last time he logged in was May 2019. If it has a single wire on the sensor. To see if it is working find the sensor, take the wire off and momentarily ground it while watching the gauge. You will need to put a jumper wire on it so you can see the gauge while doing that.