Hey guys, I'm having an issue with one of mt chains. One of the links is bound up and had been stuck in a birdmouth of sorts. I can't seem to get it to release and ride smooth luke the rest of the chain. Machine only has 1550 hours on it, and undercarriage is in great shape. Any ideas on how I can get the chain to return to the normal position? 24 inch wide pads. Thanks guys
Good day guisep3 The issue that you refer is well documented go excatech.org - Library - undercarriage - track binding. Kind regards Uffex
Appreciate the help. I checked the website and it was moderately helpful. My question after looking at the site would be how do you knock the pin thru the bushing? A sledge and punch? Is there a direction that you have to push the pin thru? The site basically said there's nothing I can do to fix the problem. Any tips from someone would be greatly appreciated.
Good day guisep3 May I try to answer your questions in two parts, there are a number of documents which refer to the questions you have in the undercarriage section however first may I explain that to attempt to remove these pins and in fact dismantle the chain is best left to track shop these guys have hydraulic press to remove the pins. But beware the costs will often out weigh replacements. This is the only way to fix the issue other than replacement. We have experience of the following attempts to resolve the issue - Soaking the chain in penetrating oil & diesel - heating the chain links - replacing just the offending links - driving the machine in a riverbed. I am sorry to inform you none of these solutions worked. May I suggest that you measure the track wear (You can find instructions on the site) establish what life remains and this will give you the basis to establish if a track shop can give you a financial solution. Kind regards Uffex
UFFEX, Do you know how to remove the counterweight on my jcb jz140? I have several leaks and it appears as though my weight is rotating on its own. Bolts are tight, but the gaps on the bottom of the panels are getting bigger. The top is moving towards the cab. I'm guessing the mounting brackets are loose, bent, or cracked? I really want to get that weight off to see what is going on. Thx sir