Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

JCB Robot 170 chain oil

yv1650c ยท 2010-11-07 00:38

Hello, I do have a Robot 170 from JCB, and I dont know if I have to changue the oil inside the chain differentials (or wahtever is called ). I read at the owners manual that is Envigne Oil that uses this (15w40). The owner manual don't talk about hours intervals of change. Also theres a small hole in the floor right where is the accelerator, that sometimes get out dirty oil (I think with water), I dont know if this very very small hole is on it for this porpouse or if have to clos the hole. The skid steer is 870hours.

Replies3
  1. #1yv1650c2010-11-10 18:53

    please heeelp!

  2. #2bill onthehill2010-11-11 19:18

    Never been around a jcb shid steer but it sounds like the hole could be a vent to keep from pressurizing the case. If you suspect water is mixed with the oil i would change it now and observe the oil that drains for water. Have you run it in water at all?

  3. #3yv1650c2010-11-13 09:46

    Yes, we've been running in water. I read the operators manual and the oil in there is engine oil 15w40. I think i should change it.