Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Need Help on CTL

GPhillips ยท 2010-11-07 17:25

I am looking at used CTLs for use in cattle/horse barn clean out situations. Machine could also see use moving dirt, spreading dirt and gravel, as well as loading trucks. Would reall like to have a cabbed machine with heat and A/C. Nearest dealer for me are Case, Deere, Cat, and Bobcat. Closest Tak dealer is about 2 hours, but my father is retired so that is not a deal buster. Only skid steer I have ever run was a Cat so I would like a machine with pilot controls. Machines I would be looking at would probably be in the 2006-2008 year model range, what model of machines should I be looking at and what problem areas should I be looking at on each of these machines? Thank you, Greg Philllips

Replies3
  1. #1Hendrik2010-11-07 17:56

    Do you want suspension on the track? What size machine do you require?

  2. #2KSSS2010-11-07 18:15

    I think your going to want a more narrow machine which would put you in the midsized machines. I like the 440CT. Best in class torque (by far, no one is even close) about 71" wide. If your going in and out of stalls and corrals I would go with a radial lift machine, due to better sight lines. Loading to the center of dump trucks not as easy with a radial but it sounds like the visibility would trump loader reach for your application. As far as the 440 goes, the current Series 2 machines have a much better cab than does the orginal 400 series however both are available with pilots.

  3. #3Digdeep2010-11-08 08:42

    You might want to look at a PT80- 70" wide, 3100lbs ROC, two speed 11.5mph, 125" lift height, standard load sensing high flow, metal face seal undercarriage, suspension, 15" ground clearance and pilot controls. They seem to be great all season machines.