Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

JCB Teleskid

05rammer · 2018-04-29 10:23

JCB brought use one of there Teleskids to demo last week. Haven't had it in the dirt yet, been backing rock on asphalt. I am used to running Takeuchi skids and the travel is a little jumpy for what I'm used to, salesrep said they could hook it up to the computer and dial it in if we buy one. They are super easy to get in and out and a lot of room in the cab, I'm 6' 2" and have plenty of room. Visibility is amazing can see all the way around the machine. The teleboom comes in real handy, when I remember I have it. Not sure about longevity, first time being around any JCB machines. Over all I am really like the machine.

Replies5
  1. #1gearhead822018-05-01 09:04

    I like the idea of it but question how much I will actually use it versus how much I have to pay for it. I saw that it is ~$10k extra for the option which is a little steep in my opinion. I also am not sold on durability yet. I'll be in the market for another machine in ~3 years so that should give the ones already in the field time to prove themselves first. For now, I am happy with my Bobcat.

  2. #2southernman132018-05-01 18:46

    Probably pretty durable. They’ve been building shooter booms a while. Plenty experience. I’d be more interested if it would load over 13’6. I think it be better advantage for loading than as a typical application. But who knows !!

  3. #305rammer2018-05-01 20:05

    I think max dump height is around 12ft I think

  4. #4southernman132018-05-01 20:47

    Yep. Need little mo!

  5. #5crane operator2018-05-01 21:44

    I think if you were putting in fill / grading clean rock, you would be fine. I don't think it would hold up real well to heavy digging, especially if the operators don't make sure to get the boom down into the stops before pushing hard. I've been around a couple telehandlers that guys had buckets for, and they tore them up in pretty short order.