Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

jcb teletruk

sinky1 ยท 2015-01-11 15:31

Hi everyone this is my first post to a site I spend many an hour reading . I wonder if anyone has any advice they can give me . My JCB teletruck has just developed a fault . every time I press the footbrake hard the brakes stick on . truck will not go forward or reverse . If I take it out of gear and apply the hand brake and rev it up .Then put back in gear and let hand brake off with a bit of reving the brakes come off only to stick again if i touch the footbrake . Any ideas ? Regards Simon uk

Replies3
  1. #1simonsrplant2015-01-13 00:42

    I'd look at the brake solenoid valve. Sounds like its sticking. Not had a lot to do with those teletrucks, do they have a transmission dump brake? You may like to use that for more trouble shooting. May pay to put a gauge on to see what pressure things stop working. Where abouts you from in the UK? Good luck Simon (ex UK!)

  2. #2sinky12015-01-13 12:08

    Hi Simon Thanks for the reply . I am from the New forest in the south of England . I have just bought this jcb to unload thatching reeds for thatching cottages around the new forest . I had an old Ford 5000 for 25 years and understood this inside and out but this Teletruck I am lost with . The hand ( button ) works perfectly and the foot brake was fine . If I don't touch the foot brake it runs great but as soon as I push my foot down the brake stick . I love to try and maintain my machines so am trying to understand this machine before calling in an expert . What is a Dump brake ? Thanks again for the input Kind regards Simon

  3. #3sinky12015-01-16 02:26

    If anyone has a copy of a service manual or even a schematic diagram of the brake layout I would be so grateful . I just need to get my head round the workings of this truck . Hope someone can help Regards Simon