Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

jcb tracked loaders

lake side bob ยท 2012-03-21 22:19

did a brief search on this site. Any information on the JCB tracked skid steer loaders, the old ones not the new ones they just came out with. What do you think of them? Any parts an service problems?

Replies4
  1. #1xcmark2012-03-22 17:42

    I own a T1110 its a 2003 model with just over 2100 hours on it. OEM parts are pricey , I had a hard line going to the track motor fail due to rust , the dealer was giveing me a price break and qoated me $3800 in parts only to replace all 6 hard lines going to the drives on both sides. I paid a local vender to make them up with stainless steel tube and rubber similar to the factory for $4000 installed. the track frames and motors had to come off the hull. It push like a dozer, rides rough on hard pack and picks up around 4000lbs no problem . I run a 82" wide tooth bucket and can fill that in hard pack fairly easy , mud and sand these things rock. the 18" wide track pads float almost as good as the cat undercarrage but at 1/2 the cost to rebuilt. with a turbo 4 cly and 92 hp power is good and rarely need more , standard flow machine is 21 gpm if I recall. it has pilot controls that are Ok , I think there is other systems that give you more feel and control but it works and its paid for.....

  2. #2planetshapers2012-03-23 08:11

    i also would like to know about the JCB machines. i am located in northeast georgia. i have a caterpillar and love it. but i see the JCB as potentially appealing due to the side door. day in and day out..that side door looks nice. looks safer too when thinking about accidents. or well..accidents except for being turned over on that side. does the side mono boom have weaknesses? and parts are too high? whats the deal?

  3. #3xcmark2012-03-23 17:07

    the mono boom will flex some if you put a huge amount of weight on just the left side . I have used my brush grapple to pop stumps that are 8" and smaller , some times they put up a little fight and you can pick up so much the rear of the machine starts to lift . At this point is where there is a little noticeable flex if your loading the left side only. as far as I know JCB warrenty the boom for life against failers , If I am incorrect someone please correct me. The boom and the quick coupler are very heavy pieces and I am sure some demo contractor or cowboy has cracked there set up , nothing is bullet proof! mine is fine. Side door is better on the tire machines where you can get right in, maybe the narrow tracks are better but mine has 18" wide tracks and you have to step on the track then get in. Not a problem if the tracks are clean but in snow or muddy loam this is a good show if you slide stepping on the rubber track. My machine has enough power to pick up the end of a conex box with a chain and drag it on soft ground like top soil when your clearing a lot. example of parts cost , hydrolic oil filter form JCB $107.00 its about a 2 qt size can (nothing special from what I can tell). 5/8" hard line and a rubber hose on the end to connect the drive motor to the pump with a bulk head plate , the entire line is maybe 5' total....... how does $570+ sound for one side and the other is like $470 !

  4. #4JCBiron2012-03-26 18:43

    XCMark, You are correct on the lifetime boom warranty, but only to the original owner, so unfortunately, a used machine will not qualify. I have yet to hear of an actual boom failure. I'm sure if you actually set out to break it, you could, but that could be said about anything. As far as stepping over that track, I agree, the wheeled units are much easier. JCB actually addressed that to an extent on the new machines by welding a step to the front part of the track undercarriage...makes a big difference only having to step up 1/2 the height for the first step. I guess any way you look at it, if I had to choose between slipping and busting my shin/leg/knee on an attachment or a rubber track, I'd pick the track every time! Lastly, I would like to comment on the parts pricing issue. I am willing to admit that JCB does have some parts that are way out of line. Any time I come across something I feel is too expensive relative to the competition, I make JCB aware of it and they always review the pricing with their suppliers. Sometimes they lower it, sometimes they don't. I took your example though and, just guessing at the serial number range of your machine based on the year you gave, found that I sell a hydraulic filter for that unit for substantially less than what you posted. PM if interested in that info. This really frustrates me because I have heard of other dealers who have their parts priced so high that it gives JCB and all the other dealers out there who are trying to be fair with their customers a bad name.