I have a JCB 214 series 2. When using the shuttle lever, I have no forward or reverse. Fluid is clean and topped off correctly, Transmission filters were replaced a month ago, all was good till today. It runs good but nothing happens when shifting forward or reverse. One thing I did notice, it would never start if shuttle lever was not in netrual positon, but it does now. Makes me think a relay or something electrical. I see a bunch or relays/fuses on the console on the right hand side but no idea where to start to look, there is nothing marked. Any ideas out there ?? Thank you for any help !!! Greg
Sounds more like your mechanical linkage, if it’s starting out of neutral.
Not linkage, its all by wire/ solonoids
Since the forward / reverse is electrical, you will need to test the linkage forward to reverse with the plug in apart to see if the wires match the command of either forward or reverse. It is good if you can run a little current through them by using a test light hooked to a battery Positive and sending the return wire from the shifter to a good ground. OHM meter test can be good with only 1 strand of wire left. Simon C
I have a 214S. Mine has the range selector on the forward /reverse lever assembly. It's a common to wear out item as mine did. Easy to replace and would rule it out.
Not sure, but I think some of the later model 214S machines had a switch on the park brake that would disengage the F/R solenoid.