Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

jd 190e-Hitachi swing gear seal sleeve

BGM670 · 2023-08-24 12:56

Hello, I am in the process of replacing the swing gear pinion seal sleeve (part #3051675) on a jd190e. I had to press the old one off and the new replacement will slide onto the shaft with no effort, even with the internal o-ring installed. The replacement sleeve inside diameter is .002-.003" larger than the original sleeve. I would think this needs to fit snug on the pinion shaft to keep it from spinning. Just wondering if anyone has had this issue?

Replies2
  1. #1Steve Austin2023-08-24 13:29

    I have replaced the sleeve on some larger Deere and Hitachi excavators. I do not recall having to press those off just a flat blade screwdriver and small flat pry bar. I do remember those being a snug fit when installing new sleeve. But did not need to press them on. I would thank the sleeve you have is machined wrong.

  2. #2BGM6702023-08-24 13:36

    I agree. It wasn't real tight but I did have to pound it off. Thank you for your quick response.