Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Pc120-6

Dunderhead · 2026-05-14 16:31

I believe my starter has gone out. If I would tap it, the excavator would start. Now it won’t turn over. Spent a few months of before that where it would only start on the second turn. It was replace just a couple years ago. I cannot find the past order and wanted to get the new one ordered. Can someone help me find the correct number. The number on the current is unreadable. I’m attaching the engine serial. Seems there could be a couple from I am finding online which seems strange.

Replies5
  1. #1Simon C2026-05-14 20:17

    Machine serial number might work better to get the proper number for the starter. Just to let you know , many a starter goes prematurely because of poor battery connections, Battery Relay , cables or low capacity batteries. Just be mindful of this when putting in the new starter. Simon C

  2. #2BC Placer gold2026-05-14 20:49

    This point was proved on our Deere 50D. New heavy welding cables, upgrade to group 31 battery, new gear reduction starter….but missed engine to frame ground cable! New cable (engine-frame) starts up near instantly! Now our best starting machine…

  3. #3HarleyHappy2026-05-15 11:49

    I just had a no start, barely click issue on a CC Zero Turn. Turns out there was white corrosion powder on threads on main ground. Gun brush and some Dialectic grease and all good. Simon what’s that Move it Groovit stuff your talking about? Want to buy some but have never seen anything like that around here?

  4. #4Simon C2026-05-15 12:15

    I use Moovit made by Lloyds (Sold at Napa) for wires that I push together and gives some protection and doesn't add resistance. I think HarleyHappy you posted about Ideal NOALOX which is what I use for generator lug connections and is very good in more than one way. For ground lugs from frame to battery or stuff like that I use Fluid Film after cleaning all up and bolting up. Sometimes I will spray Moovit in bolt holes to prevent corrosion in threads that all add up to more resistance. I only have used Die Electric after assembling a tight connection that I want to protect from corrosion getting in as it is good for that, but is a non - conductor . Your idea of those toothed washers is a good one but always coat with some kind of penetrating oil so it will collect some dirt to seal the clean joint. Deep Creep is another type of penetrating oil I use for spraying on battery connections if available. On top post batteries, not top thread ones, I put those felt pads over the posts that look like a washer and spray with penetrating oil to help resist acid coming out of the battery contaminating the connection. They are sold by Grote and some other electrical suppliers like Standard Electrical products. Some of my tricks that work and cause zero grief. Simon C

  5. #5John C.2026-05-15 13:43

    Just a quick tip to confirm a frame ground issue. You have a good battery but you try to jump start anyway. It doesn't jump so you start checking wiring in other places. If you know your battery is good, then connect your jumper cable from the negative on the battery to one of the starter bolts if accessible or to the engine block. If the engine starts, you now know for certain that you have a grounding problem.