Well I haven't gotten my first backhoe running, a Case 530. In the interim I bought a John Deere 2010 with a loader. It ran when I bought and drove it home 40 miles. I stalled it moving a snow bank. Now the old girl won't start. Rebuilt the starter, new ignition after the key broke in -35. New wiring to coil, starter, key. New battery. All it does is "click" Sunday it will have new battery cables made from welding cable. Guys, I am out of ideas. :beatsme Any help would be appreciated. Also a break in the temperature to work outside would be nice. My wife doesn't like the tunnel of a driveway we have and wants the snow moved.
2010 If that 2010 is anything like the diesel crawlers,it will be a pig to own. Go to JD Crawlers.com or Yesterday's Tractors (Loader forum) & look for a guy called jdemaris...he's a long time JD mechanic & has seen enough 2010s to know how to help. Jim
This is just a beefed up farm tractor. JD took the 2010 farm tractor, put a solid front axle, cast steel front head and steel plate grill, put a loader on it painted it yellow and called a Wheel Loader. Thanks for info,I will look the fellow up. The darn thing is starting to **** me off.
I'm assuming its a gas 2010... My cousin has one and his starts, but after it gets warm, shuts off and will not offer to do anything untill it cools down. I'm going to change the coil on it and add an electronic ignition kit and see if that helps. As far as yours goes, if its a real rapid clicking, its ususally a sign of not enough battery getting to the starter. Maybe a connection on the cables is loose or something? Also clean the ground really good.
I did clean the connections, still nothing. Starter engages like it is trying to turn over the engine. Sunday I will install new battery cables I am making from welder cable. I will also throw a tarp over it and stick a propane heater under. She is sitting too far from the house for an electric heater. I bought a lower rad hose heater to put in once I get her closer to the house. Thanks for all the ideas.
Put new battery cables on and nothing. I took the starter to another rebuilder. The first guy put on a new solenoid and painted it. Great! The inside were all burnt, another $105 and she should be running on Saturday. Hopefully the first rebuilder will be nice and give me my money back.