Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

JD 210c 4239D head gasket or sleeves?

Pete210 · 2024-06-01 10:40

Hi everyone , I recently picked up a running project John Deere 210c TLB. It starts right up, runs great and doesn’t smoke but has some pressure in the cooling system when I remove the radiator cap after sitting overnight. In my automotive repair experience this usually means a head gasket. As I see it I have 3 options: 1 leave it alone and run it 2 try a head gasket or 3 do an in frame overhaul. Any thoughts?

Replies3
  1. #156wrench2024-06-02 01:03

    If its not using any coolant and minimal oil, i would run it and monitor the levels before you go much farther

  2. #2Pete2102024-06-02 10:53

    That’s kind of what I’m inclined to do, at least until I get the more obvious problems fixed. I’ve got probably 10 hours of loader work on the machine so far and it doesn’t use or add oil and doesn’t seem to run hot or push coolant while running ( although I’m going to put a temp gauge on it). Just gives a good big burp of coolant when checked dead cold before starting for the day.

  3. #3Pete2102024-06-02 13:02

    Appreciate the input, anyone else with experience on these engines? I’m assuming a pinhole in a sleeve would usually put coolant in the oil, is that correct?