Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

JD 310a backhoe Hydraulics down

eastfork ยท 2013-03-29 05:44

New to this site, looking for an answer to my latest problem.. hydraulics just quit working the other day, (not a mechanic but like to try and repair if I can). Pump is foward of radiator, there looks like there is a connection from the main enigine shaft to the pump Could I have a coupleing that has broken? Don't have a tech manual nor a parts catalog. Just wondering if anyone out there could help a po-boy.. Thanks

Replies2
  1. #1Deon2013-03-29 07:36

    You are right. Your problem can be there. There are splines on the pump shaft that could have striped. I don't remember how difficult it is to see in there. Take the side grills off and try to get in there with a light and mirror. You may be able to see the pump shaft and see if its turning or not. I don't know if that pump has a destroke solenoid or not. That is to prevent the pump from pumping while you start the motor. Look for a wire attached to the pump. If so the valve could be stuck on. If you go to deere.com, look in the construction section for backhoe loaders, parts, you will be able to view all the parts for your machine.

  2. #2eastfork2013-03-30 00:05

    Thanks, maybe I didn't add enough info, while I was running the machine the shaft was turning on the front of the engine but there seems to be a coupling that attaches between the engine splines and the pump splines. I will go to the deere.com site and check this. Happen to be away from home for 28 days so really not in a rush just trying to locate some info so I can get this worked out prior to return,, Thanks