Brake disengages but stop light flashes and beeper keeps beeping when in forward or reverse. Both stop in neutral with engine running. I think maybe there is a short in wires for this system. Any ideas? Thanks
There is a switch that is suppose to turn off your light and alarm when the brake band is released. Seems your band is releasing if the brake releases properly. Make sure tractor will coast easily when brake is released. If it coast easily then you should be able to find the switch and repair or adjust it. The switch is under the floor near the brake activator spring. (Looks like a can or screw-on filter and it is located on the upper right of the transaxle). The switch is actuated by the arm that is connected to the rod coming out of the end of that can looking thing. That can is loaded with a huge spring. Do not take it apart because you do not need to and it is dangerous unless you know what your doing. I also own a 310D. I just bought it a month ago. I find I need to stand on the brakes to get it to stop. Is yours that way too? Good luck with your switch.
Yes, very hard to stop. I put her in neutral when coming to a stop. Brakes chatter when going down a grade. Some guys say here chatter ok one guy said early 310d had a recall or problem with brake shoes. I do not use this machine often enough to fix yet. Would be nice to have good easy braking and no chatter because this machine is a pleasure to run other than braking. I changed transaxle fluid, still chatters. She is a 92 model probably needs new brakes. I know what you mean about the spring, drove and repaired trucks all my life. We use to replace the pancakes in the parking brake cannisters even on the spring side. Very scary. I plan to work on the old girl this weekend. She has been at my Dad's house for last two weeks clearing and burning about 120 big pine trees that blew over in a bad wind storm. I will let you know what I find. Thanks, what a great website this is.
One of the things that can cause brake chatter is someone filled the tranny case with the wrong oil. It's a little expensive, but you'll have the best results using OEM John Deere transmission oil. It may just make your brake chatter go away.
Atcoequip, I thought hygard went in all three, transaxle, reverser, hyd. tank. Is hygard not right for reverser? By the way I unpluged the switch for the parking brake, fixed for now. I thought I would replace the switch and also adj. if needed.
2005 JD 310G started doing same thing. Beeping stop and parking brake light flashing, other than that it runs fine. Any ideas what to do? thanks Scotty
Stop the beeping. I should have posted what my cure for this problem was. I parked on a slight grade and released parking brake to make sure she would roll freely. Then unplug the wire going to brake switch by the parking brake canister. No more beeping. I am the only one running this hoe. If you want to fix it right it may need adjusted or a new switch.
I also have a '92 310D, great machine. Had her in this past winter to the local college for the HD class to do some re & re for pins and bushings and minor electrical (lights) problems. Last summer the park brake did not always release easily, it needed to be toggled... a lot, but would release eventually with no STOP or BEEP about the brake still being engaged... This summer I have the beeping problem and the flashing STOP signal... I have also waited till the 'release' is felt before attempting to move, even then the brake seems to reapply itself sometimes?? Symptoms are that the brake does not release until the machine is warmed up and even then it randomly stays ON. temps have been , still just above freezing some days, jeez its already summer... All fluids were topped up by the students and I have checked them since, all within range... What they did find, accidentally, was that a DIODE on the charging system was not functioning full time and replaced it as well as the IGNITION switch. Previous owner(?) had used a CASE switch. Once these 2 items were replaced the brake/signal light problem went away... fuses were blowing. I read else where in this forum that low tranny fluid might be the problem, but does it have to be topped right up? Or does this seem like an electrical problem (loose connection or poor contact)? ej
I read else where in this forum that low tranny fluid might be the problem, but does it have to be topped right up? Or does this seem like an electrical problem (loose connection or poor contact)? ej[/QUOTE] werfymmot, I don't think that low tranny fluid can do this. When I purchased my 1992 310D it had a bad seal and bearing at the FWD shaft on the tranny. It was leaking quite bad and the fluid was way below the dipstick. The park break was working perfectly.