Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

JD 310E locking differential problem and solution

JL Sargent ยท 2020-03-27 17:39

As some of you know, I recently went through my backhoe's transmission. Everything has been going along fine since that work until I got on the current project. That is a covered parking area that will be 44' x 24' and in a wooded undeveloped area. I've been pushing away the topsoil and several trees for the clearing. While doing this I wanted to lock the diff and get some extra traction so it was the first time I've actually needed or pressed the locking differential button. To my dismay it did not work. No locking diff with just the one tire continuing to spin. Machine going in and out of 4WD no problem and that's the same fuse IIRC. I remembered that the top solenoid on the side of the transmission controls the locking diff feature. Looking down at the solenoid I could see that it simply wasn't connected when I put the trans back in LOL! Thanks guys, the things I've learned hanging around here had me back locking the diff again in no time!

Replies0

No replies yet.