I have the opportnity to prchase a JD 310E from a GC I do a lot of work for.. this is his last piece of equipment and he is wanting to just get out of the equipment business and focus on building and selling houses, this would entail me to gain 100% of his equipment work as well as acquire another piece of equipment. Now onto the machine.. This Unit is a 2000 JD 310E 4wd Backhoe.. it is plain jane no extd a ho, no thumb, no 4/1, nothing fancy. It is plumbed to the rear of the hoe with hydraulics. It has 4900 HRS and on a scale from 1-10 cosmetically is a 5/6. The engine cranks up everytime and the controls all seem smooth, no strange noises in the motor/hydraulics anywhere. There is one hydraulic seal leaking on a stabilizer arm, that is all that I have noticed. I am goin to attach some pics.. not very good but it is loaded on my trailer.. (a little overloaded I believe!!) Now I have the backhoe to run around my property for the next few days and will get some more pics of it then.. let me guys know what you think about the situation and what you have seen similar machines going for.. Thanks Don DIGit
If it has been well maintained, you should have no worries. Deere backhoes age quite well. Recent machines I have run at work: JD410E - 6700hrs JD310SE - 9650hrs JD710G - 6689hrs
What does he want for it?
We have not discussed price as of yet.. I told him I would like to run the machine for a day or two before throwing any numbers around. We have agreed it could be somewhere in the 16-20k range. I do not believe I want to give any more than $18,500. The machine is needing serviced. I would like to be more around $17,000 however the amount of work I will receive from this contractor will more than make up paying a little more than I would like to for the machine!
Hi Don - It sounds like you've got your eyes set on the big picture. You've bought it, you just don't know it yet. :tong Good luck!
I agree with your price range, that was a very popular machine with the major rental companies so there are a lot of them out there. That might hurt the value currently (because of all the machines dumped into the auctions over the past two years), but should help to sustain the value long term.
Where you the operator of the machine or did he have his own. Is it due for a basic service or major service might be a idea to let a dealer or qualified shop to due it and give it a good once over checking the pressures and other unseen possible problem offer to pay for the service if it all checks out that's good for you but if their is any hidden problems then you can renegotiate the price
That is a great idea CinOK.. I did have an operator (whom has much experience running many types of machines) I have known for a couple of years come out today and run the machine and give it a once over. He said that for a 2000 with 4900 HRS it is in good shape.. there is some slack in the backhoe, but normal for a machine with 4900 HRS. He said with some pins/bushings replaced it would be in about mint running condition. I belieive I am going to point these problems out, let him know I have to dump some money in it to have it repainted, and offer 16k and go from there. Deere John, you learned my style quick, I do have my eyes glued on the big picture... just trying to fill in some missing pieces!
DiD - Buy it yet? Bet you did. Congrats!
Yes Slate, I did buy the backhoe. I actually signed the papers Friday! I am pretty excited and ready to get some work going with this machine. I am going to give it a good wash/service and get her working after Monday! I'll try to get some pics posted up after its cleaned up and has the DIGit Dirt Worx stickers on it!!
I figured the big picture view would get you. Good for you. Enjoy your new hoe.
nice hoe looking at one myself ...are you happy with it?
I am very pleased with the hoe for now, I am sure if I run some other machines in the future I will find some likes/dislikes over the deere. For now the machine is exactly what I needed and will get the jobs done at a price I wanted to pay! I will try to get some action pics when I get a little more work lined up here soon.. Thanks Don