I'll be getting into my transmission for clutch frictions (at least) in the next month or so. I've notice that the synchronizers are only fair. I called JD and got a price on new snychros and was blown away by the price. Is it possible to hand dress the synchronizer teeth? Anybody here tried that? It's my understanding that the teeth on the synchro ring wear off and resist engagement. I can presently go into all gears but it take a little synchronizing on my part.
Contact https://joseph.com/ . they may have what you need.
Thank you. Really can't tell what they have by their website though.
Go here JL ----> https://joseph.com/Types_list.asp?Brand=John+Deere If you can't find what you need, call them. They are very helpful. I bought Case synchronizes from them and they were as good as OEM.
Thanks for the suggestion Tinkerer, but I called and unfortunately Joseph does not carry those for my backhoe. I'm just not interested in paying JD $3K for them. I've gotten much better at synchronizing them myself
Too bad to hear it is that expensive. Share what solution you come up with.
Less than 1/2 John Deere's price. If that is correct one. Check out this link ---> https://avspare.com/spare/deere/at175748/
There are two of those sets in the gearbox, so approx. $2,500.00 from that source. That's definitely better.
Looks like a better alternative.