Have Had A Battery Draw Problem With Machine Since Day One. Deere Thought They Fixed It Twice, No Such Luck. Have Cleaned All Grounds,charging System Is Fine,problem Is Somewhat Intermitent.have Pulled Fuses To Check For Draws No Luck. Once Had Hooked Jumper Cables To Machine Main Ground Caused An Arc And Power Came Back. Thought It Was Abad Ground Cleaned All Grounds Two Days Later Same Problem. Considering Alternator Draw? Appreciate Any Input.or The Possibility Of A Bad Battery Shut Off Switch.
Draws are sometimes tricky. Specially from the side lines without touching the machine yourself. I would try the disconnect like you said and alt. If not your getting closer. Just a guess but the comput might not be turning sum'n off or be going bad.PCU I had that problem in my truck. I know this probaly does not help but do hope you get it fixed soon, Justin
Thanks For The Input Deereman. We Have 32 Two Peices Of Jd Yellow But This Is Killin Me . I'll Get Back Into Monday Am.
Headwrench, If you have the battery shut off disconnected, maybe the batteries cold have a bad plate or cell in them? Just a thought, I'm sure you or the dealer already replaced the batteries? Geno
We used to see problems like that in Komatsu excavators. The biggest issues we had were people adding other components. Radios, sterios, bigger heaters, aftermarket air conditioning and extra lighting were most of the items. Sometimes a gear or timing problem in the throttle control motor would cause the electrical system to not shutdown completely. I'm not familiar with your machine so I don't know if you have that kind of throttle control. Another issue might be a blown diode somewhere in the system. Nowdays they put them across solenoids to prevent inductance currents from messing with the computer. The blown diode will let current flow backwards when the machine is shutdown. Good Luck!
found the problem.bad battery shut off switch.moisture had gotten into the switch and corroded the contacts.