Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

JD 350B fuel tank vent?

UNIMOGMAN ยท 2025-10-28 13:50

I have an early JD 350B dozer, it has a PS pump. I am wondering how the fuel tank is supposed to vent, I would expect the fuel cap but my fuel cap has no provision for venting and I am pulling a vacuum on the tank when running.

Replies3
  1. #1Labparamour2025-10-28 14:07

    Small tube runs from inside the neck through inside of tank and out the bottom(on my 450). Can use welding rod to clean out or rebar tie wire

  2. #2UNIMOGMAN2025-10-28 18:09

    That was it, I ended up running a 3/32 drill bit up as far as I could from the bottom, knew I was close as the crap on the bit was damp, finished with a piece of tie wire. In the end an ounce or so of nasty fuel came out so I should be good. THANKS!!

  3. #3Labparamour2025-10-28 19:39

    Easy fix always good