Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

JD 4045 Backhoe Engine 310 & 410 Vacuum hose below Injector pump go?

JD580B ยท 2025-06-29 11:06

Working on my backhoe and we snapped this line and cant see where it goes, we have no fuel to the injectors and think its related. Looks like not all the 4045 engines have this. This is a 1997 410E. Google says it goes to a mechanical lift any help would be appreciated.

Replies3
  1. #1Diesel Dave2025-06-29 14:04

    That tube likely connects to a mechanical oil pressure gauge. Factory location was a one wire oil pressure switch for a warning light.

  2. #2JD580B2025-06-29 15:14

    There is a external gauge added on later I see now (thank you) that is no longer connected. Poking around further we have no power coming to the injection pump itself. I guess I looking for a shutoff solenoid now?

  3. #3Diesel Dave2025-06-29 17:35

    Fuse F2 supplies power to the fuel injection pump shut off solenoid , ether start aid circuit and the reverse alarm circuit.