Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

JD 450G Water Pump Problem

widetrackman ยท 2019-01-31 01:58

When replacing the fuel filter and running the engine I noticed the fan/water pump wobbling somewhat and was concerned. Call JD dealer and asked if the bearing could get to a point the fan would wipe out the radiator. He replied that if the seal was not leaking just run it as would leak before any damage would occur . The seal is not leaking and the wobble is not severe. I don't use the dozer over 150 hrs a year as is a farm dozer. What do you guys think? I don't want to replace the water pump if I can run it till it starts leaking without damaging the radiator.

Replies2
  1. #1mg23612019-01-31 04:52

    Rebuild it. See your other post.

  2. #2Robert Wottlin2019-02-01 16:23

    I recently rebuilt a 450C. The job started with a leaking water pump. JD wanted tons of money for a rebuilt so I bought one from an outfit in the mid west for about 250.00 with shipping. With that said I also had my radiator re cored that was about 500.00. My point being if the water pump takes out the radiator a 250.00 dollar/2-3 hour job will get a lot worse I would take the time to fix the pump