Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

What is best brand for rebuilt/new Water Pump for JD 450G Dozer

widetrackman ยท 2019-01-31 02:05

Just in case I need a water pump for my JD450G what is the best rebuilt or new unit on the market. John Deere is Nuts at $835. Thanks

Replies5
  1. #1mg23612019-01-31 04:50

    You could buy the parts for it and rebuild it yourself (if you have a press) or get someone to rebuild it. When we rebuild them parts and labor is around $500 - $600.

  2. #2widetrackman2019-01-31 14:30

    Whats a good brand for after market pumps and or rebuild parts. I don't think I would rebuild, quicker to just install another. I have seen pumps by a outfit called RELIANCE. I do have a press, but with my luck I would have do it twice HaHa.

  3. #3Dave Neubert2019-01-31 17:01

    I did not see a water pump listed in Reliance Iam a dealer for them if you have the part number look it up on machinery trader

  4. #4mg23612019-01-31 18:58

    As far as I know there are no aftermarket water pumps available. There are plenty out there on ebay, amazon,etc. Of course your engine serial number matters. There are 2 different pumps based on the engine serial number.

  5. #5Robert Wottlin2019-02-02 09:01

    I think got mine from AMS I would have to go back and check my records to be sure