Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

JD 490D question on yellow button function

Virginia Farmer ยท 2013-12-11 20:33

Got my new to me 490D with a Fabtek harvester conversion today. I have an electrical gremlin in the harvester, but my question is what does the 1" yellow momentary push button behind the heater controls on the right side do? The label is worn off. Thanks. I think I attached a photo of the button here.

Replies3
  1. #1JWJDM2013-12-11 21:33

    Either aid button

  2. #2alaskaforby42013-12-14 12:22

    How about the right hand joystick button? my left hand is the horn and the right hand side is warn off.. Hoping maybe its a transformer button to turn in into a 2013 160

  3. #3TreeHogger2014-02-17 11:41

    Dude - I think we should get to know each other ;My 'new' 490D looks as tattered as yours - I can't read anything on the dash either! My electrical problem is that nothing seems to work (lights or gauges) except the fuel and temp gauge... What type of gremlin are you experiencing? ~ Mark