I have a 1964 jd backhoe loader. I blew one of the control valves on the hoe. I need a replacement and cannot find any id numbers anywhere on the hoe. are there any? also i was thinking of just replacing the whole bank of valves. just upgrade the thing with new. any thoughts on this? im new to learning hydraulics. but im not to wrenching. any help at all with this would be appreciated. thanks
What do you mean by "blow"? Body cracked? Spool broke? I'd do just what you need to make it run; on an almost 50 year old machine, you'll get plenty else to spend on.
one of the control valves split a fine hairline crack in it. the tractor may be old but its in very good shape.
Not having luck finding our 500A parts book but found a 310A book looking at the part #'s Each valve has a part# valve bucket au41883 or swing valve at34643 etc. Hoping to see the 500&310 had the same valve but not sure. If I find the 500 parts book I'll update it. Good luck http://www.tractorparts.com/john_deere.htm
Which one is it ? A John Deere 500 Tractor/loader/backhoe or a 3020 Ag tractor with a backhoe on it ????? It can't be both.
thanks for the help, I need a manual for sure but didn't know what to even order. the serial number on the tractor says its a 3020 1964 because its in the 5000s. deere industrial yellow from the factory. gas and she runs like a champ. no issues with anything at all. shifts good all gears, brakes are fine. steering fine. loader works good. just a real nice old machine. thanks again