I have a JD 555G track loader. Serial # TO555GW767453. The warning light for trans oil filter had been coming on intermittently. Now it's staying on. I'm fairly new to heavy equipment. What exactly does this mean? I've read some posts about a filter screen and a replaceable filter. Which does it have...or both? Where are they located? Any tips about how to go about this maintenance? I feel comfortable doing this, I'm a decent mechanic. Just haven't worked on heavy equipment before. Thanks for any help you can give me. Joe
Under the floor board are both the hydraulic filter and the suction screen. The screen will not set the light. Only the filter. Change the filter and see if that resolves your issue. You can get a free copy of the operator's manual by clicking this word here .
Thanks mg. Now I've got to find the part number for the filter. Is it a spin on or a cartridge? Thanks again.
I know the description says hydraulic oil filter, but it is in fact the transmission filter. When you take it off, cut it open to inspect for debris.
And if you have never done that before, this VIDEO may be of some assistance. I know it's an engine oil filter but the principle is the same. And you don't necessarily need a filter cutter, it just makes it easier.
Thanks mg and Nige. I'll definitely do that. I think I might have ordered the wrong filter. I ordered a JD AT172912. Is that going to work for me? Thanks guys.
That filter is used on the later serial number machines. I would use the one your serial calls for. When I get to work, I will have to look to see what the difference is.
Thanks mg. The parts catalogs are a little confusing. Seems to be multiple part numbers. Also, when I type in my serial number (# TO555GW767453) to find out more about it, most sites don't even recognize it as a serial number. Please let me know if you think I can use this filter. Thanks a lot!
That is because you used the letter "O" instead of a zero after the "T".
Well no wonder! Thanks MG. Zero works a hellva lot better than "O"!