Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

JD 850c 2001 – Series II

ifancy · 2023-05-10 19:52

Hello, As of writing this I will have to update with the serial # but the issue I am having is dozer will not move at all, throwing code F640. Thanks.

Replies3
  1. #1Diesel Dave2023-05-10 20:52

    Welcome to HEF ifancy . F640 ..No feedback from hydrostatic pump speed sensor. If and when you remove the sensor, check the submerged end for any damage… The sensor may have been threaded in too deep at some point and eventually contacted the rotating pump barrel. I think the proper gap spec is , screw the sensor in until contact and then back out 3/4 of a turn, tighten the locknut. Maybe member @mg2361 can double check that. . https://partscatalog.deere.com/jdrc/sidebyside/equipment/67497/referrer/search/pgId/77025001/partnumber/AT360573/callout/8 .

  2. #2ifancy2023-05-10 21:46

    Thank you, I will check out the wiring as well, based off of the information you provided on the code. What are the normal differential values I can expect out of the hydro pump speed sensor coming from the X2 trans cable, I seen measurements between A B - C D if I am correct? I believe the thread I got this photo from, was posted by MG giving details on measurements.

  3. #3mg23612023-05-11 04:53

    Welcome to HEF ifancy ! Actually, it is back out 1/2 turn. For the F640 code, first check for 5 volts (backprobe the wires) at terminal A (T22 Blue wire) at the sensor. Then check for a good ground (0.1 volts or less) at terminal C (Z10 Gray wire). With the engine running, terminal B (T21 Blue wire) should have 1.75 - 3.25 volts, depending on engine speed. This signal needs to reach the TCU, so make sure you have that voltage at terminal F2 on the TCU. If above checks out, then, like Dave said, check the sensor for damage, make sure it is adjusted correctly and while it is out , make sure the speed ring is centered in the sensor port. That can be checked with a small screwdriver, feeling for the edge of the ring. You will have to put a vacuum on the reservoir when checking this or you will lose a lot of oil.