Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

JD310SG won’t move

whatsittoyou ยท 2019-02-17 15:44

I am having an issue with a JD 310SG the driveshaft broke and ripped wires that go to the transmission. We have the wiress fixed as the schematics show. We are still unable to move the unit but when we lift it the wheels spin in 4 wheel and 2 wheel drive and the parking brake drum has been backed off as we initially thought that was the issue. Checked the timer relay and we are getting 11amps in but the relay itself was checked with an ohm meter and it's showing open. I'm unsure if that should be open or closed. Any suggestions on what else to check or what the issue could be? Unit worked fine until this point. Unit is a powershift (4 speed in the FNR)

Replies5
  1. #1alrman2019-02-17 16:38

    This i just a thought.... If the wiring was damaged as you say, & it has been repaired correctly & there is still no drive. The damaged wires likely created a short circuit. This should have blown some fuses, perhaps the fuses didn't give enough protection to save the control module?

  2. #2whatsittoyou2019-02-17 16:40

    Where and how would I test that?

  3. #3alrman2019-02-17 16:53

    Sorry, I can't be too specific. Generally, you would check voltages at the control valve solenoids as different gears are selected. JD website doesn't seem to work atm. SO, I can't get a look at how the 310sg transmission controls are configured. Hopefully, someone with more specific product knowledge will chime in.

  4. #4mg23612019-02-17 18:23

    The fuses for that machine are under the cover in front of the steering wheel. Check the F12 FNR fuse. See post 11 and 23 in the link below. HeavyEquipmentForums

  5. #5mg23612019-02-19 05:20

    How did you make out? Up and running?