Transmission is stuck in forward. Neutral is forward. Trying to put in reverse just strains the motor. I am having problems with finding someone to work on it. I am told its a valve stuck but have to split the tractor to repair. JD dealer wants $1000 each way to haul it 35 miles to the dealership. Then an open checkbook. The backhoe is in good shape otherwise but it isn't worth a lot repaired. Looking for any suggestions that I might try and what I am actually faced with.
Post the serial Number of your machine so the JD kings can assist you.
Thank you. Serial number TO410C8736398*
Too many numbers in the serial number. Remove your reverser filter and inspect for debris. If there is debris, post pictures. There is a suction screen too. Remove and inspect that as well.
I am thinking its the shift linkage. It is very sloppy. I tried adjusting it and reverse was neutral. Before reverse was still forward. Moved it more and now reverse is still forward. But at least it changed something. Going to investigate that further.