Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

JD450 Radiator

Kap450 ยท 2013-01-29 12:19

How do you get the radiator out of a JD450? I have unbolted all the bolts I can find. Do you need to take the front cowl off? If yes how does it come off? If not can the radiator come out the front of the machine or do you need to take out the hydraulic fluid radiator also? Thanks

Replies4
  1. #1d9gdon2013-01-29 19:47

    Yeah, you tilt the front cowl over. Take out the 2 or 3 bolts in the frame and it tilts on the hinge strap that you can see on the outside of the frame. You have to take the bolts out of the front belly pan to so it can hinge. Get it tilted over on the blade/bucket and you'll see how the rad. comes out. I've got the service manual if you need something from it.

  2. #2Kap4502013-01-30 09:24

    Thanks. I noticed late yesterday the 3 bolts on each side. I didn't see them the night before. Shouldn't work in the dark. I am in the process of replacing the radiator and the fan belt. Is there anything else I should do while I have the front off?

  3. #3d9gdon2013-01-30 19:47

    Heck I'm drawing a blank now. Is the hydraulic pump up there? If it is check the splined coupler as they will strip. Check for play in the water pump also.

  4. #4franklinute2013-02-01 14:20

    There should be four bolts on the bottom of the cowl and 2 bolts on each side that hold the cowl on. I always lift it off and get it out of the way. The radiatior should unbolt from the hydraulic cooler. Good idea about replacing the splined coupler. Also check radiator hoses and replace the small 90degree 1/2" hose behind the fan.