Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Jenkins Superduty Mower Review

Shotgun Russ · 2020-11-17 09:40

I did not find much info about this mower before I bought mine so I will give my thoughts. First the good: It is heavy so you can push down brush, saplings and 6-8” trees. Also it will stay on the ground with lots of debris under it. The mower has a roller instead of chains on the back of the deck which works good with the weight and the link arms that let it float. I cut a cross country ski trail and we have snow already, the roller packed a nice trail with the snow. The link arms are a good idea, they let you set the deck on the ground with or without down pressure from the loader. Without down pressure the deck will float independently from the skid steer which keeps the ride nice and cuts more level To the ground in uneven terrain. The bad: The mower is heavy. My 90XT is around 9000lbs and a ROC of 2450lbs with rubber tracks, that is the absolute minimum machine to maneuver the 84” mower I have. I do not lift the mower higher than 4’ off the ground, the back end gets very light. In soft ground the mower is a boat anchor that wants to sink you. The other small but annoying thing about the mower is the optional push bar. The bar is angled back on the outer ends less than the notches in the deck, which lets a tree that slides in the deck notch to get behind the bar. Then when the tree is cut it stays on the deck and usually hits the cab, so you have to get out and clear it off. Cutting performance is good, my machine has 21gpm(tested) and the mower is rated for 14-26gpm. Tall grass mowing that is frozen I can drive as fast at the terrain will allow before it gets too bumpy in the cab. 3” and smaller trees you can just drive slowly and keep cutting, 4”-5” trees you need to slow to a crawl tilt the front up and push them over then lower the deck to cut the stumps. 6-8” trees take several minutes to deal with, lift the deck 3-4’ off the ground and tilt deck up, then push and cut the tree off. Then next drop the deck and slowly cut off the stump(8” tree takes about 3-5minutes to totally cut and mulch). Over all the mower works as well or better than I expected which to me was money well spent, hope this helps anyone else looking at mowers.

Replies1
  1. #1bad Tom2020-11-17 19:32

    I did not get the push bar on mine. I knew I was not going to cut down anything big. Before I installed the caster wheels, it would spin the tracks on my 440CT when it dug in the ground turning corners.