Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

JLG 40F-Wisonsin 4 Cylinder

skellerbauer@neighborhood ยท 2023-10-04 16:38

Hello , I have opportunity to purchase this unit for $4,000 and I am going to look at it Thursday. Add says Steering Cylinder leaks and only runs when choke of full. I am willing to put some money into unit and use it personally around the house. Eventually I would like to rent it out and or use it int my neighborhood to make a few extra dollars doing misc. repairs. Thoughts on repairs and thoughts on vision of renting out.

Replies2
  1. #1BAY ONE-SEVEN2023-10-04 17:01

    These older units can be an OSHA attraction. Mobile Elevating Work Platform (MEWP) need an annual inspection by a certified tech. Could maybe work as your own personal lift on a farm but wouldn't rent it out unless you are prepared to put a lot of money into it. It could work as a rental if you are mechanically inclined and willing to do the repairs yourself.

  2. #2skellerbauer@neighborhood2023-10-05 08:34

    Thank you for direction, had more intention on using myself and will remove rental option from my brain. In the meantime, listing is now longer on-line but going to keep my 3:00 appointment with seller today.