Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

JLG 40HA won’t high idle.

Samromo2 ยท 2020-08-24 00:18

Hello, I have an older 1996 JLG 40HA lift that will not high idle. The lift has a ford vsg 411 engine, I recently replaced that engine due to it going bad, with an older style ford vsg 411 with points. I have it installed and the lift functions for the most part except it will not high idle, it acts like it will for a second when I depress the foot pedal on the platform but that is all. I am not sure if I hooked some wires up wrong. there was a mouse nest in the controls from it sitting. I cleaned it out and patched the wires. in the photo i have uploaded there are 2 wires I am unsure where they go. I thought they both went on that first terminal however when they are installed I get a short. in the second photo there is another wire I am not sure where it goes. What wire in the main cable going to the platform controls high idle?

Replies0

No replies yet.