Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

JLG 450a Ford engine. Crank no start. Part # for Ford Ranger starter I can use?

agelectric ยท 2013-10-29 12:14

Starter was acting up for a while, but smack with wrench would get it going. Now my guys onsite say it will not start, just click. It is at site where they will not allow outside repair in. Don't really allow us to repair on-site either, but if just a quick starter and solenoid swap they should not care if I do it. My local authorized shop seems to be giving me run around when I just ask to order parts. This seems to be ford ranger engine. Any tips or warnings before I attempt to fix myself?

Replies1
  1. #1Delmer2013-10-29 13:13

    Disconnect the ground cable from the battery before you start? Check for voltage on both sides (both big terminals with the key in start) of the solenoid to see if it's the solenoid contacts burned out, or bad connection inside the starter.